Type keyword(s) to search

Griselda - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

AAAAQaq7Rkrhw7s8N6w1swTkgYcaaUFx5wSZpHli

Griselda     January 25, 2024          Netflix    6 episodes

Set in 1970s-80s Miami, Griselda Blanco was a Colombian-born narcotics Queenpin.

Griselda Blanco was a larger-than-life character whose ruthless but ingenious tactics allowed her to rule a billion-dollar empire years before many of the most notorious male kingpins we know so much about. 

Griselda chronicles the life of Colombian-born Blanco, who created one of the most profitable cartels in history. In 1970s-80s Miami, Blanco’s lethal blend of unsuspected savagery and charm helped her expertly navigate between business and family, leading her to become widely known as “the Godmother.

Queenpin. Innovator. Mother. Killer. Griselda is a woman of substance. 

Sofía Vergara as Griselda Blanco

Carolina "Karol G" Giraldo as Carla, Griselda’s friend 

GRISELDA_102_Unit_02784RC.jpg

Christian Tappan as Arturo Mesa

Griselda_S1_E3_Native_00_50_16_23R.jpg

Alberto Guerra as Dario Sepúlveda 

GRISELDA_104_Unit_01243RC.jpg

Mario Perez as Diego

Martín Rodríguez as Rivi Ayala 

Juliana Aidén Martinez as June Hawkins 

Griselda_S1_E3_Native_00_18_58_15R.jpg

Vanessa Ferlito as Carmen Gutiérrez   

Fredy Yate as Chucho Castro 

GRISELDA_102_Unit_03796RC.jpg

Paulina Dávila as Isabel  

José Zúñiga as Amilcar  

Camilo Jiménez Varón as Rafa Salazar  

Julieth Restrepo as Marta Ochoa  

Gabriel Sloyer as Raul Diaz  

Diego Trujillo as German Panesso 

Griselda_S1_E1_Native_00_24_18_13R.jpg

Alberto Amann as Alberto Bravo 

Edited by AnimeMania

Might give this a try but Sofia Vergara as Griselda makes me question the casting as Griselda Blanco looked very different to Sofia & that worries me a little. If I can get past the main character casting the story itself should be quite interesting.  

• Like 1

Sofia Vergara and Netflix Sued Over Griselda Blanco Series

The lawsuit involving Netflix and Sofia Vergara could possibly block/delay the show's release. Griselda Blanco's son, Michael and a few other family members, were interviewed by Netflix with the hopes of having Michael's life story developed into a book or some kind of TV or film production. Netflix passed on the project, but used some of the interview materials to make some of the Griselda Blanco TV Series.

I wanted to like this and was expecting more drama/oomph along the lines of Narcos. But this was just . . . meh. It dragged. They never really established her as the Queenpin of Miami -- they made her seem weak and desperate the entire time, not strong and in control. 

• Like 2

January 28

I wanted to like this and was expecting more drama/oomph along the lines of Narcos. But this was just . . . meh. It dragged. They never really established her as the Queenpin of Miami -- they made her seem weak and desperate the entire time, not strong and in control. 

I too was surprised at how they portrayed her in this series.  She seemed to always be on the outside looking in, but when she did finally get what she wanted it skipped over several years only to pick up when she started smoking crack and losing her mind.

I loved the series anyway.  Great sets and clothes.  Very 80s.

• Like 1