Type keyword(s) to search

Season Nine: Goodbye, Goren and Eames; Hello, Nichols and Stevens...

• Start Topic

But Nichols was better with Wheeler, and I enjoyed his two episodes with Eames as well. Could not stand Stevens...there's not one thing I can recall about the character, or a line she said. Someone on Reddit described her as "Like ChatGPT with a gun." OMG, this is the best description of Serena Stevens I've ever heard. I had thought Bishop was colorless and then they outdid themselves.

Season 9 was also the Goldblum season that gave us the one Goldblum CI I won't willingly watch again, "Abel & Willing," Dear God, that was creepy.

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, Shadow Lass said:

Season 9 was also the Goldblum season that gave us the one Goldblum CI I won't willingly watch again, "Abel & Willing," Dear God, that was creepy.

Same!

And while shit like that happened in WWII, I really doubt it's a crime you'd see in NYC. Hence the cases becoming unrealistic and completely off the wall in S9.

11 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Same!

And while shit like that happened in WWII, I really doubt it's a crime you'd see in NYC. Hence the cases becoming unrealistic and completely off the wall in S9.

Yeah many of the cases were just weird and bonkers in season 9 - although Palimpsest was so batfuck crazy it made all of the others look extremely realistic. But season 9 was strange, and it didn’t help that Stevens and Callas were just lifeless cardboard characters, I like Nichols but he never had good characters around him. From season 9, I like a few episodes, True Legacy is good and the backstory of Love on Ice had the makings of a great episode but they didn’t execute it as well as they could’ve. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah many of the cases were just weird and bonkers in season 9 - although Palimpsest was so batfuck crazy it made all of the others look extremely realistic. But season 9 was strange, and it didn’t help that Stevens and Callas were just lifeless cardboard characters, I like Nichols but he never had good characters around him. From season 9, I like a few episodes, True Legacy is good and the backstory of Love on Ice had the makings of a great episode but they didn’t execute it as well as they could’ve. 

I loved Palimpsest. I'm sorry but I'm a huge fan of the drawing room style mystery.  By then it was obvious that the IIC had completely given up on any kind of cohesive narrative. I just think of it as a stand alone episode.

57 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

S9 airs tonight on Charge! at 6:00 p.m., with Part 2 of "Loyalty" (Part 1 aired last night) and then Nichols/Stevens episodes until midnight.

I still have no idea what to make of the total mess that was the plot of Loyalty - I really don’t know why all of the murders occurred, and the exit for Goren/Eames was just terrible. Asshat Ross biting the dust didn’t get me invested in the plot, good riddance to him. What a convoluted mess that was just too hard to follow and not interesting enough to grip me - it was boring and confusing at the same time. 

Season 9 is on to start the marathon on Charge today - season 9 has a lot of strange cases and just felt off as well as very low energy, while I think Nichols is okay, Stevens and Callas were beyond dull and the cases just seemed kind of “off” and didn’t flow smoothly. Palimpsest is obviously the episode that stands out as the strangest and most batfuck crazy, but Lost Children of the Blood and The Mobster Will See You Now are also very bonkers episodes. 

True Legacy is actually a very good episode though, it had the classic CI dysfunctional powerful family storyline and it was a compelling case that flowed smoothly and had good twists and made sense from start to finish. It’s the best episode of season 9. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Season 9 is on to start the marathon on Charge today - season 9 has a lot of strange cases and just felt off as well as very low energy, while I think Nichols is okay, Stevens and Callas were beyond dull and the cases just seemed kind of “off” and didn’t flow smoothly. Palimpsest is obviously the episode that stands out as the strangest and most batfuck crazy, but Lost Children of the Blood and The Mobster Will See You Now are also very bonkers episodes. 

True Legacy is actually a very good episode though, it had the classic CI dysfunctional powerful family storyline and it was a compelling case that flowed smoothly and had good twists and made sense from start to finish. It’s the best episode of season 9. 

I watched Broad Channel last night. It was another weird one. The good news is that my husband is an L&O hater from way back but he was watching with me last night and he said, "So, there isn't any court stuff in these is there?" and I said nope, very little and he nodded approvingly and watched it with me. So yay!

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I watched Broad Channel last night. It was another weird one. The good news is that my husband is an L&O hater from way back but he was watching with me last night and he said, "So, there isn't any court stuff in these is there?" and I said nope, very little and he nodded approvingly and watched it with me. So yay!

Almost all of season 9 is weird, Palimpsest takes the cake but there are several others that are strange and off.   
True Legacy is good, and Love on Ice has a very compelling backstory and premise but didn’t really execute it well. Other than those episodes season 9 is either weird or a snoozefest. Glad season 10 is coming up in a couple of hours and then tomorrow night they start season 1 again on Charge.

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Almost all of season 9 is weird, Palimpsest takes the cake but there are several others that are strange and off.   
True Legacy is good, and Love on Ice has a very compelling backstory and premise but didn’t really execute it well. Other than those episodes season 9 is either weird or a snoozefest. Glad season 10 is coming up in a couple of hours and then tomorrow night they start season 1 again on Charge.

I like Palimpsest in a weird, contrary way. It is of course, ridiculous but I never can pass up a good old drawing room mystery.

• Like 1