Type keyword(s) to search

The Garden: Commune or Cult

• Start Topic

The Garden is an unprecedented survival series following a mysterious off-grid community that went viral on TikTok for being called a cult.

Streaming on Max (and maybe other platforms too?)

This "documentary" felt way too short.  Three episodes was definitely not enough to really explain or show the vibe of the place.  But it was interesting trying to discern if this place was actually a cult or not.  I wouldn't mind if there was a second season.

• Like 2

I just watched on Max and it was 6 episodes. 

I don't know that I would necessarily characterize it as a cult. I mean, the councils and consensus nonsense definitely lean in that direction, but they were so disorganized and had so many different purposes. 

Half of the group are survivalists/preppers/conspiracy theorists while the other half thought it was just a perpetual Burning Man festival. 

And newsflash, you're not "off the grid" when you have smart phones and are streaming shit on social media. 🙄

I found the whole thing silly and stupid and I laughed A LOT. But I usually do with these groups. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

And newsflash, you're not "off the grid" when you have smart phones and are streaming shit on social media. 🙄

And you're not an anarchist when you call the cops when someone takes your phone.

On 12/27/2023 at 9:56 AM, Shrek said:

I watched it on Discovery & it was longer than 3 episodes.

Sorry, I had a typo in my initial post.  I meant to write six, not three.  I still think the six episodes were not enough and the docuseries failed to tell a full story arch.

• Useful 1