Type keyword(s) to search

Albert Brooks: Defending My Life

DanaK
  • Start Topic

HBO documentary premiering Saturday, November 11, 8-9:30pm ET and streaming on Max

Since the late 1960s, Albert Brooks has been a major force in American comedy with his smart, sometimes absurdist, and truly unique sense of humor. From stand-up, to acting, to writing and directing short films, to his seven, iconic, original motion pictures, including "Modern Romance," "Lost in America," "Mother," and more, Brooks has paved the way for future generations and remains a comedic force in a league of his own. With testimonials from some of the brightest comedy talents and serious thinkers, as well as family and friends, ALBERT BROOKS: DEFENDING MY LIFE (11/11) chronicles Brooks' very early work all the way to present day. In this deep and personal conversation, Reiner and Brooks explore the origins and evolution of Brooks' career, the impetus for his creativity, and the impact he has had on the world of comedy.

• Useful 2

I'll be skipping this one. I've never understood the over-the-top adulation Brooks gets.

Is he a good actor? Sorta.  Lately he's done more cartoon voiceovers.

is he some genius/unstoppable force of comedy? Absolutely not.

To me, he's the same as Garry Shandling - a really nice guy and supportive friend with connections. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1