Type keyword(s) to search

The Horizon Franchise

Twilight Man
  • Start Topic

I put this under TV Dramas originally because there was talk of this being a TV miniseries,

but, apparently, Costner wants to showcase this in theaters first.

and now, the reason why Costner left "Yellowstone"

Horizon is a “beautiful story” that spans 15 years in the American west, focusing on the white settlers moving across the country and the indigenous groups living there.

............ and it's going to "FEEL" like fifteen years after you get done watching all ELEVEN hours of it.

Parts One and Two are already "in the can" and will be premiering in theaters in June and August of 2024.

Parts Three and Four are on indefinite hiatus due to the actors strike.

The trailer looks good.   I'm very curious how Costner addresses the competing narratives of white settlers bravely pushing West and the indigenous peoples they're displacing.  

Kevin Costner's son Hayes makes acting debut in Horizon: An American Saga

The elder Costner, 69, clarified that he and his son play the same lead character in the film. "Hayes plays the namesake character that I actually play in the movie. He's 13 years old and the screenplay's been around longer than that," the actor and filmmaker told PEOPLE. He also joked that he cast his son in order to spend some quality time with him. "I kind of did it on purpose, so he could be hanging out with me," he said. "I'm like any other parent, I'm trying to figure out, like, 'This is really neat. You should come be with me.'"

spacer.png

(edited)

CINEMACON 2024: DAY 1 - WB SHOWCASES JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX, FURIOSA, AND MORE
by Anthony Alicea | April 9, 2024 
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/cinemacon-2024/

Horizon: An American Saga

CinemaCon_2024_Horizon.jpg 
Kevin Costner then took the stage to present his epic two-part Western film Horizon: An American Saga. Costner spoke at length about the inspirations behind the film, what motivated him to tell the story in this way, and why he chose to play the character. The film has been a longtime passion project for Costner, who has tried to get it off the ground since as far back as 1988. Chapter 1 of the story is slated to release in theaters on June 28, 2024, and Chapter 2 will open on August 16, 2024. At the end of the presentation, Costner also received the CinemaCon Visionary Award.

Warner Bros. 2024 CinemaCon Panel Live Blog
By Sean O'Connell   April 9, 2024
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/live/warner-bros-2024-cinemacon-panel-live-blog

Up next, it's time for Kevin Costner's Horizon: An American Story, and Costner is coming on stage! 
Costner talks about why he needed to go back to the Western. Says that going to the movie speaks to him, and he always sought stories that would bring an audience entertainment. He said he always found that inspiration in the story of America.  
Costner says he prefers "Journey Movies" over "Plot Movies." He'd prefer audiences taking a ride. Horizon covers 12 years of time, starting before the Civil War and through it. He talks about how the war had an effect on The West, that he will explore. He started working on this movie in 1988. And he says that he has written four movies in this saga. Tells audiences: 
Horizon part one arrives in June. Part two arrives in August. We'll see if Costner gets to keep going, and delivering all four movies he has mapped out. It's funny that Sam Worthington is in Horizon, given that he's also in Avatar, which has an endless number of chapters to it...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Kevin Costner and Horizon, An American Saga at the 77th Festival de Cannes
OFFICIAL SELECTION   published on 08.04.2024
https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/press/press-releases/kevin-costner-and-horizon-an-american-saga-at-the-77th-festival-de-cannes/ 

Kevin Costner will present the first part of Horizon, An American Saga as a World Premiere, Out of Competition. This multi-episode project about the conquest of the American West is directed by Kevin Costner, who is also the co-star with Sienna Miller.
Horizon, An American Saga will be released in 4 episodes over several months, starring Sienna Miller, Sam Worthington and Jena Malone in the lead roles.
The Festival de Cannes is delighted to welcome Kevin Costner to present his latest film Horizon, An American Saga which will be screened on Sunday, May 19, 2024.

Edited by tv echo