Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: Simon's Most Memorable Auditions

• Start Topic

(edited)

Too much of Terry and Simon watching the show.

But I did get to see Tape Face's audition again so that's fun.

Edited to add, I muted Parmesan guy, then turned it off because I'm bored. See you next week.

Edited by ams1001

Two things stuck out for me.

First, Simon said he was seriously considering putting the amputee dancer at #1.  He later tells Terry that Boyle was the unquestioned #1.  Oops.

The second was that multiple times in the segment about the amputee dancer, different jidges commented that there were no more GBs available to them.  Then, magically, when they collectively hit the button, we got a massive amount of shiny golden paper showering the stage.  If there were no more GBs, why was there any such paper pre-staged?  Well, because BGT is every bit scripted as AGT.  (I want to be clear that I have no objection to the inspirational lad receiving such recognition.  He certainly merited such.)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
22 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The second was that multiple times in the segment about the amputee dancer, different jidges commented that there were no more GBs available to them.  Then, magically, when they collectively hit the button, we got a massive amount of shiny golden paper showering the stage.  If there were no more GBs, why was there any such paper pre-staged?  Well, because BGT is every bit scripted as AGT.  (I want to be clear that I have no objection to the inspirational lad receiving such recognition.  He certainly merited such.)

This show is getting as bad as AI with the prechosen acts to go through are pretty much the only ones we see.  Only once did I see them not put an act through that they did back story on and showed the whole audition and judges said no.  That was the two country singing sisters.  Not sure why as I did not find the any worse or better than acts, they already sent through.  Usually, the acts not going through are in a montage mix up that we only see act for seconds before the get the boot.  So AGT already picked who was going through.  So, adding another GB is nothing for this show.