Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG] Pages reload / jump position

30 Helens

Hi, I have been experiencing two different problems for the past several days. 

1. The pages reload randomly, often several times within a brief session.
  2. When I am typing a comment, my page view will jump up to mid page or wherever I started that session. I then have to scroll down to resume typing. I may get another word or two out, and the view jumps up to that same original place. Yesterday, I had to scroll back down five times just to finish one comment.

These things do not happen to me on any other site, so I don’t think it’s my computer. (iPad mini)

• Applause 2

To update, I am no longer experiencing problem #2. But the issue with pages constantly reloading has gotten worse. And after reloading, the view jumps to where I first started reading, not where I was when the reload happened. Often, it reloads when I am in the middle of typing a comment. Sometimes the typed content can be restored when I scroll back down to the comment box, but sometimes it’s just gone and I have to start over (or just give up).

• Like 7

Site has been wonky.  I was typing an entry in the RHoOC forum in the Heather Dubrow thread and a empty box came up with a "Report" title while I was typing and then disappeared.  I didn't press "report" for anyone, but if I did, it was certainly an accident.

Also, when trying to put an uptick on a post, it doesn't "take" and the entry & page slid upwards. Not sure what that's about.

I've never reported a "bug" before so I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or doing it right.  Sorry for any inconvenience if this isn't the correct way to do it.

Edited by realityplease
  • Applause 1

I never got the report box again. But the page continues to slide upwards when I'm trying to hit an uptick on a post.  Not always, but sometimes. In that case, I have to bring it back down to the post & hit the uptick a bunch of times before it "takes." 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, realityplease said:

I never got the report box again. But the page continues to slide upwards when I'm trying to hit an uptick on a post.  Not always, but sometimes. In that case, I have to bring it back down to the post & hit the uptick a bunch of times before it "takes." 

Please check the link in the post below, so we can rule that out if nothing else, thanks.

3 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Please check this post first

@SilverStormm
iphone 11.6.3 safari

google chromebook updated 

I checked the post about outdated software per your request and I don’t seem to fall under it.

Issues still having:

bouncing pages, page won’t load until ads (video ones?) are settled, reloading page while reading posts, reloading page while typing post (it just happened now while typing). 

Two specific ad things

Boxes: when a box opens, checking reactions or adding media to a post for example, an ad pops up in the top right corner over the X of the box and you can’t scroll away to make the ad go away, can't exit the box at all and there is not an X (a visible one at least) to X the ad out. Is is not a video ad, ever. The ad will disappear in about 15/30 seconds. 

The bottom ad will highlight a bar around the screen and enlarge to cover the page. IMG_6196.thumb.png.3b3fd3bbf158cf9f239d9920e926ecd8.png

So far it has been bestbuy and phillips sonic that does the above. 
(page just reloaded again while typing)

IMG_6133.png.79e2a651997d5556f4d83930c8ba94b0.png

Edited by stewedsquash
hard to do a post and add screen shots when it reloads, sorry
  • Like 2