Type keyword(s) to search

Drag Race Mexico! Once Reinas Entran...

• Start Topic

(edited)

Wow, that lipsynch...was bad. 

The "Mi Tierra" runway challenge was cute, but I wish that more of the queens had gone more for creativity in the style of UK2 or S9. The glam overload was pretty, but that shit can get boring pretty quickly.

While her look wasn't stellar, I was a little saddened that Margaret y Ya was placed in the bottom because the judges thought that her look would be bad "for the tourists". Especially when all the judges agreed that her social commentary was true! Apparently, Mexico City isn't the only thing that smells like shit on Drag Race.

Christian Peralta's reveal was...kind of meh -- especially because Lolita was sitting RIGHT THERE. Didn't anyone on this cast watch France?! I would have given the win to Matraka or Pixie Pixie. Or maybe that last one is just a delayed reaction to Pixie Pixie's entrance look, which was STUNNING.

The editing on this series needs work: the runway was too short, and the camera kept cutting off Regina Voce's Mexico City map dress, which was the most interesting part of her garment. Stop it!

I noted the irony of Valentina calling a lipsynch "not up to par".

Edited by davidcalgary29
On 6/22/2023 at 9:16 PM, davidcalgary29 said:

Christian Peralta's reveal was...kind of meh -- especially because Lolita was sitting RIGHT THERE. Didn't anyone on this cast watch France?!

This statement has me intrigued. I don't suppose there's anything on YT yet?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Starchild said:

This statement has me intrigued. I don't suppose there's anything on YT yet?

This video covers the runway for the episode: Christian Peralta's starts at 0:32. Compare and contrast with Lolita's reveal  on France and you'll see what I mean. That video doesn't truly capture the magic of Lolita's runway, but it was one of the best of the season.

Good god -- what a hideous runway! Jiggly's baked potato couture would have fit right in.

Margaret Y Ya should have won instead of Argennis' plastic cup mess. Exactly how were those "wonderful details" better than Margaret's? Whatever.

I enjoyed the first ep, especially the runway with all the vivid colours and flower motifs and the indigenous and tradition-inspired outfits. I thought Margaret Y Ya should have been in the bottom two ep one, and was bizarrely overpraised in ep 2, so I gather she has some kind of reputation. Her looks are sloppy, to my eye.

(edited)

A boring main challenge is followed by another mediocre lipsynch. Pick it up, queens!

I've been enjoying Margaret Y Ya, but I thought she was a goner for sure tonight, as I didn't like either her challenge performance, her paint, or her runway. And I didn't like the choice for episode winner, either. What is going on with the judging?

And the camerawork was a mess. Several seconds of the first team's performance was cut off because, while the audio was going, the camera was still fixed on the panel. It's like watching one of those awful Untucked episodes on Youtube where the episode is edited to the point of inducing an epileptic seizure in viewers so it won't offend copyright laws.

Edited by davidcalgary29