Type keyword(s) to search

I’m A Virgo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Im-a-Virgo.jpeg

I’m a Virgo is a seven (roughly half-hour in length) episode "coming of age" comedy with all episodes released on June 23, 2023 on Prime Video.  The series was filmed in New Orleans and Oakland, California (where the story takes place). The story touches on classism, racial disparity, health care and capitalism.   EbIMfd8UcAEtQ0G?format=jpg&name=medium
Cootie's exceptional height was mostly created using practical effects, like miniature sets, as well as camera tricks, like forced perspective, instead of relying on CGI. 13 foot dolls were used to provide the actors a reference of where to look and figuring out the correct angles for the camera to film. Half-scale dolls often stood in for the rest of the cast. Miniature props and half-scale sets were used to make the actor appear larger. Often times the actors had to shoot without having the person they are acting with in the scene. Two cameras might film full size and half-size sets at the same time. 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREFMfMTjDd4XshBb868sR
I’m a Virgo is about Cootie, a young Black 19-year-old boy who has never been outside of his house in Oakland, California and who happens to be 13-feet-tall. Hidden away for his safety, Cootie has spent his days in a section of the house where he won't cause too much damage, binging on TV shows and reading comic books about the superhero known as "The Hero". Unlike his comic book counterpart, the real life "The Hero" is a comic book mogul who uses tech to fight crime, but is closer to a rich vigilante who uses excessive force to subdue people committing minor offenses. "The Hero" soon places Cootie in his crosshairs. There are other members of society with super powers, but they tend to hide them, from fear of being persecuted.

Fq3-ly0acAAUafS?format=jpg&name=medium
Jharrel Jerome as Cootie, a 13-foot-tall 19-year-old who has never left his house 
FqjyyTMXsAcm-_O?format=jpg&name=large
Walton Goggins as Jay "The Hero" Whittle, a rich entrepreneur who chronicles his exploits as a superhero in comic book form

Carmen Ejogo as Lafrancine, Cootie's aunt
FqjzYTCWYAIHNnm?format=jpg&name=large
Mike Epps as Martisse, Cootie's uncle
FqjzYTvWcAAlqOD?format=jpg&name=large
Olivia Washington as Flora, a fast food employee at “Bing Bang Burger”, with super powers 

Brett Gray as Felix, Cootie's friend, a community activist

Kara Young as Jones, Cootie's friend, a community activist
VRGO_S1_UT_101_220318_LEEPET_06213RC.jpg

Allius Barnes as Scat, Cootie's friend, a community activist

Elijah Wood

Lakeith Stanfield

Kendrick Sampson

Edited by AnimeMania

I’m a Virgo     June 23, 2023     Prime Video     

Episodes 1-7       Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: You A Big MuthaF*cka
Heart, head.

S01.E02: The Universe And My Spirit
Hands, feet.

S01.E03: Paco Rabanne
As long as I push.

S01.E04: Balance Beam
There is no defeat.

S01.E05: Brillo, If Possible
A clear mind shall nourish and truth is never weak.

S01.E06: It Requires Trust on My Part
I suffer for the day when all shall gain.

S01.E07: A Metaphor for What
(Season Finale)

I'll be ready for the world — and ready for the pain.