Type keyword(s) to search

Conan O'Brien Must Go (MAX)

• Start Topic

I've been listening especially to the Conan Needs a Fan podcasts, in fact I remember the one with Anna, any way I am so glad he is finally going to visit some of these fans and places.  It looks hilarious.  MAX hasn't  put it in their ads yet but when they officially add the show I will definitely re-subscribe.

I also love the title.

(edited)

I had high hopes for this but was quite disappointed.  It's like the unlimited Max budget and polish extracted some of the homemade energy.   Argentina was the exception, a lot of big laughs, maybe due to the inclusion of Jordan.  In other episodes, many of the bits felt forced and flat.  That being said, only four episodes?  I want more!

Edited by BlearyEyed
Prematurely posted.

I've watched the first two eps -- Norway and Argentina -- and I was laughing out loud all by myself. Some bits didn't quite work for me, but I love his sense of humor, particularly when he interacts with regular people. (His old timey baseball video makes me laugh-cry so hard.)

• Like 2

I've only watched the first two shows so probably should wait to write an overall impression but I must say off the bat that the extended intro by none other than Werner Herzog had me dying. 

I only saw the beginning of the Thailand episode, I am  going to save that and Ireland for tomorrow, but the interaction between Conan and Anna's Mom was truly hilarious.  The woman is a born comedian.

I know Conan's joke in these shows is always to come off as the Ugly American, or more precisely the dumb American, but maybe these interactions with the fans actually worked better over all in the podcasts itself when it's more spontaneous.  Still there were funny segments in both shows and I will see how Thailand and Ireland go.

It was amazing to see Jordan totally lose it in the Gaucho segment. I'm not surprised that his behavior is a bit of an act but he really totally broke there.

• Like 1

Glad to hear there's going to be a Season 2.  I guess Max will still have me as a subscriber even after my 6 month discount wears off.

I really enjoyed both Thailand and Ireland.   I think Thailand had the best mix of Conan interacting spontaneously with people around him, in addition to the more scheduled bits.  Again, Anna's Mom was hilarious beyond belief, I was wishing Conan would go back to see them again.

Ireland was fun as well, the ending was the most touching to me when Conan and the genealogist went to the place where his great-grandfather had lived.  My family and I did something similar looking for the home of my grandmother who emigrated from Ireland to the US.   She also had lived in a very small village.  It was the same feeling.

• Like 1