Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E19: Wedding Bell Blues; S19.E20: Happily Ever After?

• Start Topic

On 5/19/2023 at 8:24 AM, MarylandGirl said:

I really don't care what happens to Sam. And I think Simone and Lucas did the right thing in operating. They tried to contact people. I doubt they'll be fired for it.

Also, neither one of them should have been at work. Presumably Simone had the whole day off for her wedding and the reception. After Lucas was assaulted at work, it would have been reasonable for someone to take an incident report and send him home.

Of course, Grey Sloan is a terrible employer. Apparently the chief can't even take an hour or two off to go to the dentist. They let Kwan continue to work after he was assaulted at work. When Amelia acknowledged that she was in the wrong for verbally abusing Yasuda, Richard excused it. Richard tried to guilt trip Nick into going to Boston so he could see someone who wasn't even nominated win. After the person who recruited him for his current position abandoned the rebuilding program. 

Apparently Trey was able to take a couple of days off at least twice to fly from Baltimore to Seattle. But, Simone didn't event take a few hours off to see a non-Mika seamstress. She went cake tasting for Trey's wedding cake with the other man! Team Skywalker or not, Trey deserved better. 

• Like 3

So, I've skipped to the end to write this without reading all the comments, as Disney + in Australia has decided to not show both episodes at the same time and are releasing them a week apart, so episode 20 thoughts will come next week.  

My random thoughts for episode 19.... Yasuda can not pull off anything resembling Yang.  She seems so forced.  I love the attitude the character brings brings, but for me, the actor just doesn't seem the right person for the role.  And her with Helm, so convenient.  

The extended turbulence, well, for a group of surgeons who supposedly work under extreme duress in the theatre, they were not calm.  I get that they were in a different situation to a theatre, but still, Nick and Winston kept their cool the most, the other 4 lost the plot.  I did like the "chilling on a cloud" comment by Catherine.  I have to admit I laughed so hard.  It was a priceless comment.  

Jo and Linc - they are not for me.  Their friendship was great, this push to make them a couple is very meh to me.  They just come across as friends.  Linc's jealousy seems so petty.  

Simone and Adams - I don't feel it for them either.  

Teddy, I have to say I have been spoiled on this one and I know that there is a collapse in the next episode, but of all the regulars, I wasn't disappointed when she left, she lost major interest for me when Henry died.  I loved her with Henry.  

I have to say, the more I watch, the fact that I was so hopeful at the start of the season, the show is failing me.  The storylines seem forced, characters who don't have amazing chemistry are being pushed together, not to mention the storylines seem to hark back to ones from the past too.  I get that after 19 years, the creativity for new storylines surely must be drying up, but at the same time, if you can't bring new and fresh, why are they continuing to bother? 

• Like 1

Part 2 thoughts: 

Part 1 was more interesting. This half is boring. I was excited to see Meredith, but she resembled Amelia with a brain tumour and deLuca when he didn't sleep. She was almost manic. I was just glad she seemed more normal at the awards. 

I skipped all the Teddy crap, I would prefer she died. Owen makes a better chief anyway and he is better without her. 

I was hoping to see Jackson and April. But no. 

I am quite meh about the other couplings they are throwing at us. I am not interested in Helm and Yasuda, or Adams and Simone (so much so I just had to look up her name).

Bailey looking around for Addison was good. I personally think they could have won jointly. 

I didn't think I would miss Maggie, but I do. Winston is just hot, so I appreciate the eye candy there. 

Jo and Linc were inevitable and Sam was a goner as soon as his friend named his child after him. 

Amelia seemed lost at the awards. I forsee her and Meredith butting heads in the future. I don't see Meredith as bringing down any research Derek did, I see it as her taking it in a new direction. I just find it odd that a general surgeon is getting funding for Alzheimer's research. She has had no training and not even done a fellowship in neurosurgery. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Just finished my binge of Season 19. I like Teddy as the chief - she is competent. As the former head of cardio, wouldn't she realize that jaw pain can be a symptom of a heart attack in a woman? So - I think it is something else - an infection which went into her bloodstream, perhaps?

How many attendings - besides Teddy - would know how to fix Sam's aorta problem? Don't they specialize? Winston is in Boston and Maggie left. Did they hire another cardio surgeon to replace her? 

Don't really care about any of the interns - but I like Helm and am glad she is back. Love Maxine and hopefully she makes it out of the hospital in one piece. 

Thought that Maggie's hair looked wonderful. I hope that we continue to see her from time to time. I love Meredith so I'm always happy to see her. 

Edited to add that I loved how shocked and overcome Bailey was to win the Fox Award. Addison should have been the co-winner. 

Edited by LisaM
  • Like 1