Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: ISO

• Start Topic

The series feels pretty disjointed but I laugh from time to time. The bit that made me laugh the hardest in this episode was "Ace Spade" in the movie (TV show?) announcing that he  had the ace of spades in his hand ... and holding up the ace of clubs. But I must have missed something because I didn't really get why Pete said "he made it" at that point. Did he mean JJ Abrams and was I supposed to understand that Pete was just hallucinating the hilariously dumb movie?

I had forgotten until now that Pete had played Nathan Fillion's brother on The Rookie.

Canada was very peculiar and I wondered where Pete has been and why to have felt that there was so much French on TV and yet nowhere else, and to have his car from the airport air conditioned while there is snow on the ground everywhere. I know I should just roll with the absurdity, but I can't forget that Canadian flag in the bowling alley.

14 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Didn't he say he was filming in Quebec?

Not that I heard? He said Canada without being more specific. Obviously it's more likely that the TV would weigh heavily French in Quebec, but there was no indication that the employees at the bowling alley were Francophone for example.

On the one hand I can see how it's funny to have a sort of composite impression of "Canada" from Pete's point of view with a jumble of things he has found odd, but on the other I thought the part where he says he doesn't know what time zone he is in is funnier if it's clear he's definitely still in the Eastern time zone.