Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Game Over

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

I have to confess I don't have much of an idea of what is going on or exactly what happened.

- Gar is stuck in The Red along with Kory.  I didn't follow how Kory got there?  Doom Patrol somehow is there too.  Why?  They find a way to escape.

- Sebastian unleashes his power and kills his mother and then pours his power into a spell in the form of a video game.  The video game takes over people's souls.  Bernard succumbs.  Tim tries to stop the game and is helped by Connor who let him into the LexCorp server.

- Some ugly demon manifests out of Rachel from when Sebastian attacked her.  Rachel and Dick kill it.

- May is still alive.

Is that pretty much it?  There are only two episodes left in the entire series, seems like a lot to resolve.  Is Connor actually good or is he bad or grey?  I wonder if the show is going to have a proper series finale or if it is just going to leave things open.

I am not liking the Lexxing of Connor.  I liked Connor when he was with Blackfire.  Didn't he say he was going to visit her?  I guess that never happened.

I liked the use of the Pet Shop Boys' "Opportunities" for the scene in which Sebastian releases his video game.  The song is a perfect representation of the electronica 1980s dance beat songs and sounds like a video game song.  The last time I heard this song was when it was used in those weird Allstate ads where the guy is driving and his hood ornament comes to life.  Much better use in this show.

• Like 2

Yes- how did the doom patrol people get into the show?  For what reason?

Using PSB's Opportunities was brilliant.

Otherwise, this episode felt very filler to me.  And the video game....did Star Trek do something like this, like, 20 years ago?

I, too, am so over Lex-Connor.

Wishful thinking, but I wish we'd see another Kory/Dick kiss before the season is over.

• Like 1