Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge: Argentina

• Start Topic

The Challenge Argentina: El Desafío is an Argentine spin-off of the American reality competition series The Challenge, featuring Argentinian reality television contestants and celebrities competing against one another in various challenges to avoid elimination.

Episode, cast, and winner talk for The Challenge: Argentina goes here!

(edited)

I just noticed this is now on Paramount+. After watching episode 6 of World Championship, it just went to first episode of Argentina.

I was gonna watch with my subtitles ready, until I noticed it was 15 episode. It seems like... a lot.

UK was 5 episode and Australia was 10 episode... and that's right in my line. 15 episodes sounds exhausting.

Edited by AntFTW

Thank you for letting me know that The Challenge: Argentina was available to watch.  Being able to see more of Benja and Rodri is enough of a reason for me to give it a try.  I have watched the first 2 episodes.  So far, I am okay with the subtitles, but I do usually use closed captioning when watching shows.  Fifteen episodes does seem like a lot, but the episodes I have seen are only 30 minutes long.  It is similar to the set up of the very early seasons of the Challenge (when it was Real World Vs Road Rules), daily challenge on one episode and the elimination on the next episode.

The challenge and elimination games were the same as ones on the other versions.  I like this since it will have all of the countries with equal footing with familiarity to the games going into the Challenge World Championship.

One thing that did surprise me was the ages of some of the contestants.  I think 3 contestants were over 50 years old.  As someone who is older, I think it would be difficult to keep up in the physical challenges with people who are young enough to be my child.  It will be interesting to see how long the older contestants last.

Edited by Pixley
Only 3 were over 50 years old.

I'm watching Argentina now and am enjoying it more than US, UK and Australia. For me the episodes are 55 minutes long. After watching three eps, main challenges are in one episode and arena challenges in the following ep. They show a lot of in-house action. Rodrigo does most of the cooking. And these contestants are very nice! They are getting along so far. So far only one over 50 contestant has been eliminated. The translation has been interesting. For example a paddling challenge--where they are using actual paddles--is translated as rowing even though no oars are being used.