Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Dead Again

• Start Topic

166225_1661-900x0.jpg
During a recent murder investigation of an investment banker, who was also declared murdered six years ago, the unit follows a suspicious trail that leads to new evidence on both cases. Meanwhile, relationships are put to the test as Fortune considers her future with Carter, and Brendon pushes his limits with Antoinette.

Premiere Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2023      9pm     ABC

Currently Tuesdays nights there are 6 shows that air at 8 and 9pm that I'm watching, so I choose 2 to watch live and watch the others the next day or so. 
Lately I've decided to watch both Rookie shows live, and I'm pretty sure I'm sitting at a party of one while I do it. 🙃
And
I'm preferring The Rookie: Feds to the OG Rookie
I'll pass myself the snacks now. 

• Like 2

I am starting to lose interest in the the show, even thought the case was intriguing, it is becoming just another police procedural. The best part was them chasing the guy through the mortuary, although it would have been easy to make the chase scene funnier and way more over the top. The only person still holding my interest is Antoinette. Elena wasn't even in the episode.

I am surprised they couldn't pull any prints off the metal box they dug up since nobody was wearing gloves.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Currently Tuesdays nights there are 6 shows that air at 8 and 9pm that I'm watching, so I choose 2 to watch live and watch the others the next day or so. 
Lately I've decided to watch both Rookie shows live, and I'm pretty sure I'm sitting at a party of one while I do it. 🙃
And
I'm preferring The Rookie: Feds to the OG Rookie
I'll pass myself the snacks now. 

You’re not completely alone. I watch the Rookie shows and Will Trent before the two FBI shows that I watch (I don’t watch FBI international), but I don’t watch anything live.  I record everything so I can fast forward and generally watch on my timetable.  I often start the FBI shows these days and do not finish them. I am evenly split between the two Rookie shows. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

You’re not completely alone. I watch the Rookie shows and Will Trent before the two FBI shows that I watch (I don’t watch FBI international), but I don’t watch anything live.  I record everything so I can fast forward and generally watch on my timetable.  I often start the FBI shows these days and do not finish them. I am evenly split between the two Rookie shows. 

I culled Will Trent from my TV spreadsheet due to gratuitous violence. I don't know if that was just the last episode I watched or if it's a feature of the show, but I've got too many other things to watch to find out.
Plus, I stuck out all eleventy-seven (or however many) seasons of The Mentalist for the sake of the charming lead actor even though I loathed the serial killer theme. I'm not doing that again. 

I actually enjoy Niecy Nash most of the time.
     [shapeshifter puts on raincoat in advance of lobbed tomatoes from the OG Rookie thread]
I think Simone spouted one religious line in this episode that was cringe-worthy for its lack of general inclusion, which surprises me a bit.

At least in this show we only see (barely) the aftermath of torture.

And at least the superfluous romantic relationships demonstrate healthy ways to resolve conflict (IMO).
And, as with the violence, don't seem to waste (much) screen time showing the the pair making out. [sorry for old fashioned terminology
IMO, if they have to show the couple doing the deed to convey they're in a relationship, the writing and acting just isn't good enough.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1