Type keyword(s) to search

My Pack Life - General Discussion

Blergh
  • Start Topic

On Animal Planet, this series has the rather imposing and dynamic literal force of nature, Lee Asher, details how he's turned a rural Oregon farm (and his own home) into an animal sanctuary for at least 20 dogs and a large number of other critters including pigs, alpacas, a llama and a ram. While his sincere dedication to the critters' individual needs and comfort is impressive, one has to wonder if whether he or the staff (who appears to be somewhat intimidated by his daunting presence), has ever considered that there is a finite number of critters that can be comfortably or even safely cared for  in a single establishment at any one time- and there may come a time when he/they will  need to draw the line to prevent themselves from becoming animal hoarders.

On a shallow note, while Mr. Asher is rather ripped, he seems to be even physically stronger than expected  (e.g. easily able to pick up and carry a full grown horned ram without any evident strain or discomfort).

This series has had six episodes produced but there may be more in the future.

Any additional thoughts?

I follow the Asher House on Facebook, and I'm in awe of Lee Asher and what he has done. I watched a brief snippet of the show, and it seems to have been filmed a while ago. He has moved to a new sanctuary, and has over 50 dogs in his care. He also has the farm animals, but they remain at the previous property while the new one is being renovated and barns are being built etc. Knowing what I know about him, I'll gladly watch this show. And yes, he certainly is easy on the eyes.

• Like 1