Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: The Trial of Adolf Hitler

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

51rGJT1YJKL._SX536_.jpg

(Series Finale)

Adolf Hitler finally faces justice on the world stage, as the trial of the century begins. Jonah tries to salvage the life he once had with Clara. Finally, we discover the horrific conclusion of Ruth’s pursuit of Meyer’s true identity. As the past, present, and future collide, Jonah, Meyer, Millie and our Hunters are left wondering whether the hunt for evil can ever truly end. 

Premiere Date: January 12, 2023      Prime Video

I'm...not sure what to say about this season.  It started off pretty good for me, and this started veering off-course right around dumb Clara getting kidnapped.  I was curious how Harriet eventually ended up working with Chava, and of all the flashbacks, that's one that was entirely relevant to this season. Unless I missed it.  There was the flashback of how they met, but nothing else beyond that. 

Jonah and Meyer could have been largely absent this season, and I wouldn't have missed either character nor do I think the story would have been adversely impacted.  There were much more interesting things to flesh out if they wanted to: aforementioned Harriet/Chava partnership, flashbacks with Georges (RIP, handsome) and Zev and the others mentioned but not shown, why Joe was taken and brainwashed, how Roxy got into counterfeiting, how Travis broke out of prison, details of the botched Spain incident, etc. 

I remember wondering if Meyer was actually the one who killed Ruth in the first season, so I wasn't surprised that he made the call that led to her death.  Doesn't really explain why he then chose to take Jonah under his wing, but whatever. 

• Like 1