Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: College Dropouts and the Medford Miracle

DanaK
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I missed this the first time through and the writer's strike has left me snark deprived, so I'm reduced on commenting on things that no one else cared about (in case you were wondering).

Missy and the grandma's boy:

I liked Meemaw's dating rules. She doesn't want Missy to end up like Missy's mom.

"Okay, first rule, you can sit on the same couch, but separate cushions. And no crossing the line."

Then in the first shot Missy and the boy are at opposite ends with popcorn between them. If their hands had touched while reaching for popcorn, Missy's date would have

been successful.

I think Meemaw recognized what was happening but wanted Missy to figure it out for herself.

Sheldon's business outing:

I was thinking that the writers don't know much about due diligence, but that was also true of the dot com boom. The 'joke' was that Sheldon and the world don't really understand one another, but they have done that before.

The game plan:

Of course the joke is that George can't catch a break, but I wondered why Pastor Rob was so oblivious. That should be part of his counselor training.

(First page two post!)

Edited by appositival
(First page two post!)