Type keyword(s) to search

2033: Anticipation for The Last of Us

• Start Topic

The Last of Us      HBO   10 episodes     probably released in 2023

The Last of Us TV series is based on “The Last of Us” 2013 and “The Last of Us Part II" 2020 post apocalyptic video games written by Neil Druckmann and released by the video game company Naughty Dog. The 10 episode TV series is written by Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann and will air on HBO. 

seattle-arrival-the-last-of-us-2-naughty

Twenty years after modern civilization has been destroyed by a deadly fungal virus, Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie, a 14-year-old girl, out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.

Pedro Pascal plays Joel, tormented by past trauma and failure, must trek across a pandemic-ravaged America, all the while protecting a girl who represents the last hope of humanity.

tlou.jpg

Bella Ramsey plays Ellie, Joel’s sister, who must be delivered to the Fireflies.

Gabriel Luna plays Tommy,  Joel’s younger brother, a former soldier who hasn’t lost his sense of idealism and hope for a better world.

Nico Parker plays Sarah, Joel’s daughter 

Nick Offerman plays Bill, a survivalist

Murray Bartlett plays Frank, a survivalist living with Bill in an isolated town.

Anna Torv plays Tess, a smuggler and hardened survivor in a post-pandemic world.

Merle Dandrige (who also plays this character in the video game) plays Marlene, the leader of the Fireflies resistance group struggling for freedom against the government’s oppressive military regime and searching for a cure to the outbreak.

Jeffrey Pierce (who plays Tommy in the video game) plays Perry, a rebel in a quarantine zone. 

Storm Reid plays Riley Abel, an orphaned girl growing up in post-apocalyptic Boston. 

Ashley Johnson (who plays Ellie in the video game) plays an unknown character.

Troy Baker (who plays Joel in the video game) plays an unknown character.

Ahh, the Clicker noise! I hope people are prepared to shiver whenever they hear that.

I still don't know if I'll be able to watch this show and not wish the voices were still Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson, because their performances in these games are the best work any voice actor has ever done, in my opinion. But the look is right, and so much of the aesthetic design is taken straight from the game.

• Love 1

I see Pedro Pascal is all about playing those father figure type characters who are tasked with protecting a small child from danger in every corner!

Really hoping we get a video game adaptation of some kind that actually sticks the landing, since most of them tend to come up short.  I'm cautiously optimistic thanks to that trailer, and I do have more faith than normal with the crew behind the scenes, plus HBO rarely missing.  Cast looks great, although it will be hard to separate them from their video game performers, who really were top notch.  Along with Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson, it will be hard for me to see a Tess that isn't played by Annie Wersching.  But I'll give them all a chance!

• Love 1