Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E09: Kristin Scott Thomas, George Takei, Claudia Winkleman, Jamie Oliver

• Start Topic

Not really a packed couch, heh.

I'm with Claudia Winkleman on aubergine (eggplant to us Yanks) being a no-go. I've tried enough different ways to know I don't like it.

I loved that the lady in the Big Red Chair was a health and safety lawyer. Her story was good, if a teeny bit too long. For that I thought Graham might flip her, but she saved it with the kicker.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved that the lady in the Big Red Chair was a health and safety lawyer. Her story was good, if a teeny bit too long.

I think she won him over when she said "I read all the directions carefully" which was hilarious because of her job.d It's the rare "unnecessary" bit of information that became worth the aside.

I make a roasted eggplant, covered in pesto, roasted tomatoes and parm that is delicious.  And a restaurant somewhat nearby has fried eggplant with a honey dip which is divine.

Edited by Irlandesa

Loved the Big Red Chair story…I kinda knew what the punchline would be, and I still laughed pretty loud.

I make a baked eggplant parmigiana…thin slices, dredged in flour, egg and seasoned panko, baked on a sheet pan.  Then I layer the slices with homemade tomato and basil sauce, and fresh mozzarella, like a lasagna.  Bake the whole thing, and there are never any leftovers. I admit, without the sauce and cheese, eggplant is pretty bland and unappetizing as a solo artist.

• Like 1