Type keyword(s) to search

Branson

DanaK
  • Start Topic

HBO's 4 part documentary series on billionaire businessman Richard Branson. Premieres Thursday, December 1 on HBO and streams on HBO Max. The remaining episodes will debut on subsequent Thursdays on HBO

No one else watching this?  I've watched the first episode and a little of the second untiil I had to stop.  It's interesting so far since the only thing I know about Branson is that he's rich.  His mother seemed like a piece of work, none of her kids were allowed to have fear or be shy because it's selfish.  Never heard that approach before.

24 minutes ago, KLJ said:

No one else watching this?  I've watched the first episode and a little of the second untiil I had to stop.  It's interesting so far since the only thing I know about Branson is that he's rich.  His mother seemed like a piece of work, none of her kids were allowed to have fear or be shy because it's selfish.  Never heard that approach before.

I'm recording it and hope to get to at least the first episode during the holidays

26 minutes ago, KLJ said:

How weird, I have not seen any advertising for this.  But I will check it out.

I'm watching and remember a lot of it so far, it should get really interesting when it gets to the court case with BA.

It's funny that he tries to play the "we weren't a well off family" yet shows his parents house in the country with a swimming pool in the 60s. Should get a job as a comedian after that one.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 1
On 12/12/2022 at 11:30 AM, KLJ said:

And all 3 of her kids had dyslexia, many years ago when learning disabilities weren’t well understood. Apparently the parents also had this handicap to some degree, and were intimidated by academia.  The response to his learning prob at “poor Richard’s” English boarding school was to beat him for his unsatisfactory school work. At age 7, per Richard, an older youth at school regularly forced him into his bed; Rich reported that to his father, hoping for support, and dear old dad simply said, don’t do that too much.  Then along comes Mum with her abs rubbish of shyness or fear equals selfishness, so get up and f’g well entertain!  No f’g wonder this poor guy is a bit off, and seemingly an endless risktaker.  Although he made a mint, my heart hurts for that small boy; and I was furious after watching the 2nd episode.

• Useful 1

Ha, nobody’s here, apparently!  But anyway, I want to edit my 12/12/22 post & can’t find the edit icon.  

I wrote my last entry above after watching only the first half of Branson, Ep. 2, which described his dreadful upbringing.  Today I resumed ep. 2, which is, in fact, mostly about Richard’s daredevil balloon flight over the Atlantic, but also includes his praise for his (IMO, destructive and near criminal, especially Mum) parents.  Proves yet again that most never stop seeking parental approval.  Therapy needed!

• Useful 1