Type keyword(s) to search

Climactic Movie Moments

• Start Topic

It's the moment in a movie that sets the tone for the rest of the film; sometimes a plot twist that changes the course altogether, or just ramping up the inevitable conclusion. What are some of your favorites? A few of mine:

The Shawshank Redemption: Andy Dufresne's escape...makes me smile every time. I'm pretty sure I cheered the first time I saw it

Heat: The Bank Heist; it's intense, to say the very least.

Primal Fear: We meet "Roy" in the taped interview with the psychologist

this twist re-twists itself again in the finale, but it's excellent

• Love 1

The best kept secret in Hollywood:  The Crying Game twist.  I'm still reluctant to write it without spoiler tags (heck even with tags!) because the secret was so well kept among movie goers that I would still feel like a traitor if I wrote it out, even after all of these years. 

I was spoiled about the Crying Game twist because the Academy Award nomination for Jaye Davison had come out before I saw the film.

I think everyone knows it by now! lol

I was spoiled about the Crying Game twist because the Academy Award nomination for Jaye Davison had come out before I saw the film.

I think everyone knows it by now! lol

Yeah, I forgot about that.  It was still a well kept secret until then, though.  I know people who haven't seen it and I tell them they have to watch it and see for themselves.