Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Blameless and Upright

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

From the moment we saw the husband installing a heated floor, we knew that’s where the missing wife went, but it took Sherlock Avi several more episodes to get there.

Meanwhile, the season’s earlier missing murder case was never revisited to let us know if the wife and mother who made sexual advances towards her 16-year old neighbor was ever at least investigated by child protective services, or if her husband is still plagiarizing the same (now dead) neighbor boy’s writing.

Too bad, because it had (has? Is it renewed?) a lot of potential.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Second and third mysteries solved!

The case of a missing wife is more interesting than the bomb threat.

Elisabeth cheats on Paul and her wealthy lover targets him because of her. Great way to ruin your kids’ life. The child actor who plays Danny Serra, he’s quite good.

Overall, the show is just average. I like its darker tone.

The male lead is not that interesting. Avi is a faithful TV cop who speaks too softly in monotone voice. At times, there are too much intuitions and instincts that stretch the believability. The show needs to remember that Avi’s faith is not his “superpower” in solving crimes.

His partner - Janine, a huge fan of Law & Order, is one dimensional.

His sidekick - Earl Malzone, doesn’t contribute much other than being a comic relief.

His boss - Capt. Davies is just there, occasionally barking at the three of them.

Karen Robinson and Michael Mosley are totally under-utilized, what a waste of 2 talented actors.

Its season-long approach to the mysteries is interesting but it also leads to so many red herrings and unnecessary, repetitive dialogues. Some of the holier-than-thou lines are cringey.

One question.

The woman who keeps calling Anna and making threats, who is she? Did I miss something? 🤨

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

The woman who keeps calling Anna and making threats, who is she? Did I miss something? 🤨

If we were definitely told, I missed it too. 
The daycare center employee (Sara? or…?) kept referring to a woman who was calling, but did Sara ever hear any of those calls? Or did Anna just say the calls were from a woman, and they were actually from Anna’s lover? Maybe something was cut for time?

44 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

If we were definitely told, I missed it too. The daycare center employee (Sara? or…?) kept referring to a woman who was calling, but did Sara ever hear any of those calls? Or did Anna just say the calls were from a woman, and they were actually from Anna’s lover? Maybe something was cut for time?

Sarah was the one who found the drawing on the door and Anna received the threatening calls. Via her mobile or daycare’s landline, can’t remember. So yeah, it could be Brad. Sarah was there when Anna took one of the calls but she couldn’t hear the caller.

• Useful 1