Type keyword(s) to search

Spector - General Discussion

DanaK
  • Start Topic

4 episode doc series from Showtime. About legendary producer and murderer Phil Spector. Premieres all episodes Nov 4 on Showtime's streaming and on demand platforms and will premiere the first episode on linear Showtime on Sunday Nov 6 at 9pm

I've only watched the first 3 episodes so far, but I'm very impressed with this docuseries. The Primetimer write-up on this show really nailed it: it explains how important Spector as a figure in music history, but doesn't let him off the hook for his misdeeds. It is also a rare example of a documentary painting a full picture of the victim. Lana Clarkson came through as an intelligent vibrant person with a full life before her tragic collision course with Spector. I had always assumed that she knew him on at a least a casual basis prior to the murder, but she didn't. The night she died was the night she first met him. Just awful.

• Love 2

Very good series.  The state says he killed her, his lawyers said it was suicide.  Yet, at the beginning of the first episode when the police turned on a tape recorder when they arrived, Spector said the gun went off accidentally.  With a suicide, the gun doesn't go off accidentally.  I don't know why the recording wasn't used in court to dispute his claim of suicide.  Was it inadmissible because he didn't know he was being recorded?

• Useful 1

This was pretty good. Almost made you feel sorry for the guy-with the history of mental problems in his family no wonder he was "off". Very brilliant musical mind but still a bit of a wack job. I want to know why was Lana at his house? They said she didn't know him, so why go home with a stranger? Did he lure her or promise her something? I felt for her family and friends-she was a hard worker who didn't deserve to die in such a gruesome manner.

• Sad 1
18 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

felt for her family and friends-she was a hard worker who didn't deserve to die in such a gruesome manner.

I really liked that this documentary gave a fuller picture of who she was as a person. She seemed intelligent and funny. What a tragic ending.

• Love 2