Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Bitter Almonds

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Weepy moments begin…

Lino gets his cancer diagnosis.

Amy struggles with the news and keeping it a secret from her family.

Cringey moment - Zora’s personal drama at Lino’s pop-up restaurant opening. WTH Zora, give Lino some respect!

• Like 1
On 10/24/2022 at 1:50 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Cringey moment - Zora’s personal drama at Lino’s pop-up restaurant opening. WTH Zora, give Lino some respect!

I had the same thought. Of all the times to introduce her boyfriend to her narcissist mother, THIS is what she chooses?

I binged the series so I don’t recall whether it was later in this episode or in the next, but Zora getting so angry with Amy over “abandoning” her to deal with Mom made no sense to me and just seemed way over the top. She knew perfectly well that Amy would (and should!) be busy helping her husband at this event, yet she sprung this boyfriend/mom introduction on her and expected her to be fully available to run interference?! Given just how angry she was I thought surely it had gone so badly that Ken broke up with her, but no, that didn’t happen, so WTF, Zora?