Type keyword(s) to search

Constantine (2005)

MisterGlass
  • Start Topic

This movie starred Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz, and was directed by Francis Lawrence.  A legacy sequel has just been announced.

I think there is a lot to appreciate about this movie.  It is beautifully shot with excellent creature design.  There are strong supporting performances from Tilda Swinton and Peter Stormare. 

There are flaws.  Some of the digital effects have aged, but no more than any other movie from the era.  In places, the central performances and dialogue are a bit awkward.  One complaint that I've seen from comics fans is that this was not representative of Hellblazer and its characters.  From what little I've read, that's true.  However, I think if you can think of this as a different take somewhere out in the multiverse, it's an entertaining movie.

I am curious to see Keanu Reeves get a second shot at this character.

• Love 2

It's not that bad movie on its own, but it's not a good Constantine movie, IMO. Plus, I love Matt Ryan in the role. If I can't have more of his Constantine, I had hopes for that new TV series which is now probably dead. No desire for a sequel to this movie.

19 minutes ago, JustHereForFood said:

It's not that bad movie on its own, but it's not a good Constantine movie, IMO. Plus, I love Matt Ryan in the role. If I can't have more of his Constantine, I had hopes for that new TV series which is now probably dead. No desire for a sequel to this movie.

I enjoyed the movie even with it's flaws then NBC introduced me to Matt Ryan's Constantine and now nothing can compare. 

• Like 1