Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for The Company You Keep

• Start Topic

https://ew.com/tv/milo-ventimiglia-the-company-you-keep-preview/

It's such an ambitious show creatively, but it is truly five different shows. You have Charlie and Emma, you have Charlie as a con man, you have Emma as CIA officer. And then you have Charlie's family and everything going on with that — his sister, the wonderful Sarah Wayne Callies, being a single mom of a deaf girl [Shaylee Mansfield], his father's [William Fichtner] memory loss and how that impacts his mom [Polly Draper]. And then on the other side, everything that Emma is dealing with her family, with her brother [Tim Chiou] running for the Senate and her father [who was a former governor and is played by James Saito]. And the duality between those two worlds. They're all kind of criminals, just wearing different hats.

New extended trailer; I'm a little concerned that most of the promo is centered on Milo's character. I know he's the bigger star, but from the descriptions, it's supposed to be a two-hander.

• Like 1

Yes, I saw a trailer on YouTube, and I am not normally into these types of series, BUT I do think Milo is a strong actor (I loved him in This is Us) and it could be interesting, although I agree with you @Trini, is this a suspense, criminal romance type thing, an ensemble drama or what?I can watch and find out on Hulu I am sure!

• Like 1
On 1/30/2023 at 4:29 PM, Trini said:

New extended trailer; I'm a little concerned that most of the promo is centered on Milo's character. I know he's the bigger star, but from the descriptions, it's supposed to be a two-hander.

It’s giving me Whiskey Cavalier vibes. Jon M Chu’s involvement is keeping me from being too concerned about how Milo heavy the promo is. His ABC development deal was specifically to increase diversity on the network. Plus it’s a good sign that her family are part of the main cast. 

7 hours ago, Trini said:

Anyone know how good or bad ABC's Sunday 10pm slot is for shows? I'm wondering how much of a chance this has to start with.

It seems like a decent slot. Not one that is likely to get massive ratings but the Sunday dramas seem to all stay on the air for years. The Rookie has had that slot for the last 4 years and Idol is still a decent lead in. 

With True Lies starting up I am guessing this is a spy show attempt at a replay of  Parker Lewis Can't Lose of getting the Ferris Bueller's Day off audience by doing it better without the legacy name.