Type keyword(s) to search

S43 Morriah Young

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I got all cast info from Parade.com

image.png.53d23b2b28940ebca51f21be4c37b35c.png

Hometown: Philadelphia, Pa.
Current Residence: Philadelphia, Pa.

Morriah Young is a teacher and artist whose personality is as colorful as the art she creates (as well as her style). The 28-year-old grew up watching Survivor from the very beginning and is here to check one final thing off the bucket list of her late mother. But she feels the rawness of that experience has prepared her for the perseverance the game requires, and hopes to leave the island brighter than when she entered it.

Favorite Hobbies: Shopping, traveling, creating content

3 Words to Describe You: Colorful, energetic, joyful

Pet Peeve(s): Negative Nancys, Debbie Downers, Bullies

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I’m proud of the life I’m building with my fiancé. I’m proud of being a teacher. I’m proud of making it through college. Opening my selfie museum.

What is something we would never know from looking at you? That I am terrified of clowns!

Who is your hero and why? I’m my own hero. I save myself each and every time. But my mom is the ultimate hero, because now that I’m all grown up and she’s no longer here, I realize how much she truly persevered.

Which past Survivor will you play the game most like? James: “Don’t bite the apple!” Stay true to your alliance as best you can, and stick it out to the end.

Why do you believe you can be the Sole Survivor? There isn’t anything in the world that I cannot accomplish. My mindset has gotten me to the finish line of all my dreams. Plus, I’m super lovable and not an immediate threat. 

I actually know another African-American woman who is a teacher from Philadelphia who’s name is Mariah Young. Thank God I knew that she was several years older than 28 or I would’ve been really disconcerted by how much her looks have changed since I last saw her!

I was hoping there'd be more insight in her interviews as to why she was voted off, because I'm still puzzled why they thought she was the weakest.  She did say that she maybe didn't fit what they were looking for, and all the slots were filled (like Sami being strong).  I just think it was a combination of things and she was the odd woman out, and they just made it an easy vote.

I will find it hilarious if Baka loses again next week, and the 3 men vote one of the women off.  

• Love 2