Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Take Me Home

aghst
  • Start Topic

With the evidence against Sinclair Dryden piling up, Jackie takes action. As Decourcy fights to prove Curtis Whitaker’s innocence, Caysen, who is desperate to clear his own name, entertains a compromise. Siobhan makes headway in her case against Needham Industries but is set back when a reporter comes asking questions. Jenny meets with a lawyer to discuss her father’s lawsuit.

Jackie is surprised when Jenny gives him his old FBI badge that she had fished out of Boston Harbor.

But he uses that badge to portray himself as an FBI agent and to serve himself some cocaine.

He still keeps running down the case, doing the legwork, gets an FBI agent to find out that all the young women Dryden goes after were part of this scholarship program that Dryden funded.

Finally he takes the case to DeCourcy, says the easy thing would be to keep taking Dryden's money, so that he could provide for Jenny and pay for Bennie's education.

He says he wants to take down Dryden, partly to get his FBI job back and partly because of what happened to Bennie and the fact that all the young woman victimized by Dryden were Bennie's age.

DeCourcy says no initially because he doesn't want to get screwed over by Rohr again.

But then he has some success convicting some crooked cops so it's going to be Jackie and De together again!  Or maybe just the rest of the season.

Caysen has his name cleared but his wife is still gone and his kids are slipping away.  He gets propositioned by a widow but decides to hire the services of a prostitute instead.

Siobhan still feeling some PTSD bolting the doors and windows.  Even tries going shooting.  Finally agrees to therapy.  Meanwhile the construction company which she's suing for her client injured in the Big Dig site is digging up dirt on her, saying she was fired and now digging up an apparent old hit and run case in which she may have been involved.

Jenny working on her own demons, either has to apologize to her father so he would drop his suit or has to tell her lawyer about the abuse she suffered from him.  She isn't ready to do either.

This was another great things happening episode. I'm getting of the priest though because he's too dumb to live. He also legitimately funneled money to the IRA. I'm not sure if he can't figure out how to avoid Jackie on a bike how he can live. 

Jackie has to know that is he keeps on the investigation, Jenny is going to find out about Myka. Though she kind of already knows. 

I did like how the return of the badge AND cocaine meant Jackie is back! 

I was surprised that the new ceo went on the news and just blatantly lied. Legally it's slander. I'm not sure how they found about the hit and run so fast though. 

The show is cooking now. 

Yeah, things are heating up on various fronts, and the main characters are interacting more.

I forget, did Jenny and Father Whatshisname ever get together, or did back off before going through with it?  Jackie has a right to be concerned either way, but that was pretty shitty just running the guy down with his car, when he's cheating on Jenny and Jenny is only "almost cheating".  But hey, we knew he was a dirtbag.  Impersonating a federal officer is pretty serious shit, though.

I got kind of a weird vibe between DeCourcy's wife and brother, but I guess it was just meant to show how much the brother cares, nothing unsavory.

Their conversation was weird to start because I didn't know where he was going, but he ended it with calling her 'Sis' so I think he was being just honest and sincere. Hard to grasp on this show. 

Jenny was just hot for the good father, but that was it. This kiss was the first physical contact. I'm not interested the plot of them getting it on because it strikes me as derivative for this show. His plot kind of ended with the IRA lady getting killed last season afaic. Jenny volunteering at the center is a good plot, and there's a lot going on there that could be mined, but then this guy is kind of just there. Jackie and Jenny are volatile and perfect for each other, and this guy is so milquetoast. The only reason Jackie hasn't broken his face is because Jenny would blow a gasket. 

I think ultimately Jenny isn't going to do anything, but I hope she finds out on her own that he funneled the money to the IRA and got her friend killed in the process. He basically conned her. The better payoff is Jenny strangling him because Jackie just could snap him in half. There's no dramatic payoff if it's him. She's going to scream at Jackie for not telling him, but I think she'd understand why in the end. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I was fine not seeing him again after his storyline seemed to end last season.  But they brought him back anyway, because apparently each character has to have at least a couple of storylines (Jenny's other being the ongoing shit with her father) and sexual tension is a cheap and easy thing to add.  Which is why it doesn't work on this show; that and because the guy is so boring.  But whatever, if it gets Jill Hennessy more screentime, I guess I'm okay with it.

Edited by Orbert

The law suit is entirely the priest's fault. Jenny said he could talk to him not just show up unannounced. They could have somehow had the father randomly show up at the center because he's a drunk, and she could have still assaulted him, and we're still where we are now without the need for the priest. I'm hoping they're keeping him around so Jenny can find out about the IRA.