Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Revolution Part 2

• Start Topic

Original air date: August 23, 2022

In a climatic battle, the Unit and its allies team up to fight the Camarilla; Alder races across the world to find the final piece of the First Song.

So that's it? Everyone is a witch now? That's what 3 seasons were leading up to, everyone is a witch now? And not-supposed-to-be-President-Silver & his pet crazy Hearst both died too quickly without even knowing they were going to. It sucked.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

That felt somewhat anticlimactic, although I keep reminding myself that not only did Eliot Laurence not intend to end the series this early, but the writers also had to rework the final season with little notice after Taylor's car accident, so an already-truncated story had to become even more so. It could have been worse, I guess.

I'm glad the main three plus Scylla and Adil made it out, but I'm annoyed that they killed Anacostia -- that felt more like a, "Well we can't have everyone make it through" decision rather than one meant to feel truly impactful. I did like that Abigail was one of the stewards -- I always knew that even if she wasn't part of the Witchbomb, she was important -- but it felt like the show could have done a lot more with the "union of earth and sky" thing (what was all that about preventing the union of earth and sky when Jem could already combine two elements in the past? Did it have nothing to do with Adil at all and was just about preventing Abigail from discovering her stolen history? But she already knew she was related to Jem; she just didn't know she was a steward... I don't know).

The Rings of Saturn tornado thing looked really cool. I liked seeing Nicte's true face again. I'm glad Tally got her sight back even if it doesn't make a lot of sense. That's all I got.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Those bastards killed Anacostia.  But she went out as a complete badass as usual.

It felt anticlimactic to me too.  OMG, look, they're ... turning the sky yellow?  Okay, the explanation was interesting, though Goddesses?  Really? I know they'll just be called Goddesses, but still.

Kind of glad Scylla didn't die.  My money was on Gregorio, so I was also happy to see him survive.

Well I'm sad we traded Izadora's somewhat cool death for Anacostia's self-sacrificing death. I'm glad everyone else got happy endings. I wish it felt like the show had earned the story's happy ending though. This ending would have felt more organic if it were a season 4 or 5 ending, and we'd seen more of a struggle between the mains and the Camarilla. If we'd gotten more about the country itself's feelings about this all, and if we'd gotten any kind of reaction to the NATO-like council they introduced in the first season- which I had remembered before, but Alder running into the the Rep. of Congo's witches?/military reminded me of once again. I'd have liked to have see Hearst's sister's reaction to realizing she was a witch though. Not that it matter's any longer, but Nicte's free right? Everyone's witches, new world, old stuff thrown out, at least for her, right? lol. Overall, this was fine- not really suspenseful, slightly irritating, interesting result. As a whole I'd give this season a C, because of all the bts shenanigans. If/when I rewatch the show, I'll be stopping at season 2 for sure though. Thanks to everyone who stuck around and commented through this last season, and thanks again to Cranberry for all the links and videos :) 

• Love 2
On 8/24/2022 at 8:54 AM, GaT said:

So that's it? Everyone is a witch now? That's what 3 seasons were leading up to, everyone is a witch now?

I mean it's not like I didn't see it coming as the resolution. The problem is, it makes no sense. The writers set the women the fungus altered way too far back in time. Every human on the planet should be their descendant anyway. So every human should be a witch.

You can't even say there were too many humans around, so their line got diluted. Humans went through severe bottlenecks, that almost lead to our extinction. So either everybody is a witch or nobody is.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:32 PM, Cranberry said:

but it felt like the show could have done a lot more with the "union of earth and sky" thing (what was all that about preventing the union of earth and sky when Jem could already combine two elements in the past? Did it have nothing to do with Adil at all and was just about preventing Abigail from discovering her stolen history? But she already knew she was related to Jem; she just didn't know she was a steward... I don't know).

That felt like a very clumsy retcon. Probably because they didn't have time.