Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E18: Hell on the High Seas

• Start Topic

Josh and Casey race to the approaching ice edge as an Aleutian storm slams the opilio grounds. Jake discovers his niece and engineer have been hooking up more than crab gear as they risk life and limb climbing the 30ft crane to make a critical repair.

I enjoyed seeing Jake A. being a hardass with Cheyanne.  I am sure a significant piece of it was due to the boat-mance.  He reeeeeeeally did not appreciate that reality.

Keith's reaction to the engine issue was the  most mild I've sever seen from a captain in such a circumstance.  

I know I keep harping on bad edits.  Here I go again...when the Saga needed to fix the hydraulics on the crane, there was literally not one cloud in the sky and the sea was dead calm.  The sun was shining as bright as can  be.  Conditions could not be better - and they were on the edge of the monster storm (riiiiight) that really did cause the fleet great pain?  Yet, Mike intoned how high waves were making the repair incredibly dangerous.  If I were Rowe, I would be hella pissed.  Hype is one thing.  Straight lying quite another.

It was great to see a crew screwing up the attempted save of a tangled pot as we did with the Patty Lee.  The captain's passive aggressive "leadership" was telling.  How he chose to not get explicit about that operation was stunning to me.  Instead, he whined to the camera about how his guys were incompetent.  He could check out a mirror.

The various levels/rate of pay on the various F/Vs is always fascinating to me.  It seemed to me that Bill paid an extraordinary percentage of his revenue.  Nice to see risk by so many be rewarded.  $8K (not sure which F/V) for two weeks?  Nice.

• Love 1