Type keyword(s) to search

Vengeance (2022)

• Start Topic

Written and directed by Ryan, from The Office

The movie is a fish-out-of-water story, but takes digs at the fish himself, in addition to Texans.  I know a thing or two about West Texans, and their portrayal didn't bug me in the least. 

The movie is also a commentary on current times, and actually made me do some thinking afterward and I fear the only way we're going to start coexisting with each other again is in the metaverse.  Surprisingly deep thinking after a fun movie with some real laugh-out-loud moments for me. 

BTW, Ashton Kutcher is excellent in this. 

• Love 2
On 8/4/2022 at 4:33 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

The movie is also a commentary on current times, and actually made me do some thinking afterward and I fear the only way we're going to start coexisting with each other again is in the metaverse.  Surprisingly deep thinking after a fun movie with some real laugh-out-loud moments for me. 

BTW, Ashton Kutcher is excellent in this. 

I saw it last night and agree with everything you said here.  There was a time in the middle where it got really serious for a while, but the shift in tone was well done and didn't bother me at all. 

• Love 2