Type keyword(s) to search

Little Demon - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2022-06-27-

Little Demon is the newest entry in FXX’s adult animation slate airing August 25 on FXX at 10:00 PM and the next day on Hulu. On August 25, FXX will air the first two half-hour episodes and then the rest of the episodes weekly.

a5aaaaee-1038-4fe4-9618-59f419f1e3dd-FXX

Little Demon centers on a sinister modern family set up, wherein a reluctant mom, Laura, whose baby daddy is the Devil, and her 13 year old daughter of Satan, Chrissy, an awkward teen girl going through puberty. Chrissy may have mystical powers, but she also has trouble making friends and has a strained relationship with her mother. They are attempting to live a normal life in Delaware, but are thwarted by the constant interference from monstrous forces - including Satan, who wants custody of his Antichrist daughter’s soul.

Danny DeVito as Satan

Aubrey Plaza as Laura

Lucy DeVito as Chrissy, Laura and Satan's daughter (the Antichrist?)  

Eugene Cordero as Bennigan, Chrissy's best friend

Lennon Parham as Darlene, Laura's neighbor

Michael Shannon as the Unshaven Man

Juan Villa

Guest Voices: Mel Brooks, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Will Jackson Harper, Pamela Adlon, Rhea Perlman, Shangela, Patrick Wilson, Dave Bautista, June Diane Raphael, Toks Olagundoye, Lamorne Morris and Sam Richardson.

Sounds like this will be MA?

It's amazing the language they use on What We Do in the Shadows.

The swearing doesn't bother me but man "motherfucker this" and "motherfucker that" all the time.

Language may be more shocking than cartoon full frontal nudity.

S01.E01: First Blood

Chrissy Feinberg's first day of seventh grade goes south when she discovers she's the Antichrist.

Premiere Date: August 25, 2022     10pm     FXX  

S01.E02: Possession Obsession

Chrissy gets carried away with possessing people and an old associate seeks revenge on Satan.

Premiere Date: August 25, 2022     10:30pm     FXX  
resized-Cute-Moment-ld.jpg
resized-Dad-At-Bar-ld.jpg

Walt Disney would turn in his grave!  This is beyond vile and disgusting, and marketing it as a cartoon so that kids come upon it is just another example of corrupting the minds of children.  As a Christian woman, 'cartoonizing' the AntiChrist and Satan is a joke.  

Is anyone actually watching this show?   I have caught it off and on and as someone who is not usually a fan of animated shows this was always going to be a tough sell for me.    I think there are maybe 2 animated shows I genuinely enjoy at the moment.  Archer and Star Trek Lower Decks.   I will occasionally watch The Simpsons because it comes on right after work and it’s convenient.    

Anyhoo the thing that bugs me is not the religious angle.  Honestly it makes me chuckle that the religious are already up in arms about this and only makes me want to continue watching.   I just  don’t actually “like” any of the characters.   For being the daughter of satan Chrissy is just boring.   Mom is exactly the kind of parent that turns be of any show.  And Satan is not really interesting.   And I actually kinda hate the Chrissy’s BFF is some loser kid because of course he is.    So except for pudding of religious zealots I can’t really see much upside to watching this.   The last episode had mom so incapable of doing normal mom things like going to the PTA that she had her blood sucked rage sucking things.  I mean come on…..

Edited by Chaos Theory
13 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

S01.E08: Domestic Disturbance VIII

Laura and Chrissy's disagreement over a dirty dish spirals into all out mother-daughter war. 

Premiere Date: October 6, 2022    10:30pm     FXX  

I have been watching this show with half interest mostly because nothing is on on Thursdays and I haven’t bothered to take it off my DVR yet.   But I stayed up late and watched it through and this latest episode was actually pretty good.  I guess everything has been leading to a drawn out fight between mother and daughter.   What made it fascinating was the side stories.  The one with the rats vs cockroachs in a war scenerio that was actually kinda moving.  And the outside watching   Darlene and Erwin at first try to help but then just get fed up and walk away.    It was an interesting moment when they both realize Laura and Chrissy hadn’t been good friends to them.   Of course Satan tries to take advantage and almost succeeds in what snowballs into a moving moment.  

Still not a great show but this episode kept me interested enough to once again decide not to take the show off my dvr.