Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Second Sight

SUMMARY: A mysterious woman, Fenna, catches Sisko's eye during their fleeting meetings.

Funny, I found this episode much more palatable now, on the rewatch.

I remember REALLY disliking this eposode when I was younger; I guess alot of it is my gorowing up and changing, and valueing other things now than I did back when this first aired.

While not executed perfectly, this was a great insight into Sisko's character. both for his obessiveness about things once he's fixated (which has manifested before and will again), and his loneliness as a single man and father. (Which I -totally- have way more empahty for now than in years past.

D'OH!

DOuble post. Would a mod kindly delete the other copt of this thread?  Thanks!

Edited by ShadowDenizen

As you say, this episode was important to Sisko and Jake. Still, I found it boring. I enjoyed the moments between them more interesting than, well, the entire rest of the episode. I even enjoyed the guest characters, but they were just kind of one note, aside from Seyetik. He was actually more interesting than Fenna or Nidell. He started out as just arrogant, but not so over the top that I wanted to punch him, then you see the pain of having a wife who's unhappy.

Actually, Nidell really doesn't come off very well in this episode. Her husband just died, in part to free her, and while I get that she was unhappy in the marriage, at the end of the episode, she doesn't seem to care at all. Yeesh.

Edited by Meushell

Good points!

I also think this episode shows that Ben (and to a lesser extenet Jake) are both still very much under the shadow of Jennifer SIsko, even after all this time.  I think this episode, by the end, really starts to break this pattern, but they do it in plausible way by indicating that there was never REALLY a chance for Fenna/Ben in the first place.

As you say, this episode was important to Sisko and Jake. Still, I found it boring. I enjoyed the moments between them more interesting than, well, the entire rest of the episode. I even enjoyed the guest characters, but they were just kind of one note, aside from Seyetik. He was actually more interesting than Fenna or Nidell. He started out as just arrogant, but not so over the top that I wanted to punch him, then you see the pain of having a wife who's unhappy.

Actually, Nidell really doesn't come off very well in this episode. Her husband just died, in part to free her, and while I get that she was unhappy in the marriage, at the end of the episode, she doesn't seem to care at all. Yeesh.

I enjoyed Seyetik's character as well.  His arrogance seem to be half genuine and half him being a caricature of himself.  Couldn't you see him starring in "The Most Interesting Man in the Galaxy" ads?