Type keyword(s) to search

Everybody Noticed: The Summer I Turned Pretty in the Media

• Start Topic

‘The Summer I Turned Pretty’ Hits No. 1 on Amazon Prime Video, Taylor Swift Songs Re-Enter Top 40 Chart Three Years After Release (EXCLUSIVE)

“The Summer I Turned Pretty,” based on Jenny Han’s novel, became the No. 1 show on Prime Video in its premiere weekend following its June 17 release.

After the series’ debut, all three “The Summer I Turned Pretty” books shot into the top three spots on the Amazon Best Sellers list, with book two, “It’s Not Summer Without You,” at No. 1.

The artists whose music is used in the show have also seen an increase in streams, sales and followers, with some experiencing up to a 6,000% increase in song sales.

Taylor Swift’s “Lover” album — songs “Cruel Summer,” “False God” and “This Love” are all featured in the show — re-entered the Billboard Top 40 three years after its release. The album also went from Swift’s No. 4 streamed album to her No. 1 streamed album on Spotify after gaining 3.9 million streams; “Cruel Summer” had its highest streaming day on Spotify since 2019.

Slightly off-topic, another TV Series based on another of Jenny Han's book series will be releasing soon and I just wanted to give you a head's up. 

XO, Kitty      May 18, 2023     Netflix

Originally based on the Jenny Han novels To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2014), P.S. I Still Love You (2015) and Always and Forever, Lara Jean (2017).

This new TV Series is based off of the Netflix "To All The Boys" movie series, especially the final movie: To All the Boys: Always and Forever.

This is a 10 half-hour episode YA dramedy that focuses on Lara Jean Covey's youngest sister, Kitty Song Covey, as she leaves Portland, Oregon, heading for Seoul, South Korea, on her quest to find true love.

Kitty Song Covey is the "Teen Matchmaker", who thinks she knows everything there is to know about love. But moving halfway around the world to reunite with her long-distance boyfriend, she soon realizes that relationships are a lot more complicated when it’s your own heart on the line.

• Like 1

Amazon’s ‘Reacher,’ ‘Wheel of Time,’ ‘The Summer I Turned Pretty’ and More Originals to Stream With Ads on Freevee

If you don't have an Amazon Prime Video subscription, you will soon be able to watch "The Summer I Turned Pretty" on Amazon Freevee, streaming free with ads. Starting on May 26, 2023, Amazon Freevee will stream the first three episodes of “The Summer I Turned Pretty” followed by other series that exclusively streamed on Prime Video, like “A League of Their Own,” “The Terminal List,” “Paper Girls,” “Goliath,” “The Tick,” “Homecoming,” “Upload,” “The Vast of Night,” “Reacher” and “The Wheel of Time”.

"The Summer I Turned Pretty" Returns on July 14 with Season Two. Titles and premiere dates for all episodes:

Episode 201 - "Love Lost" (Premiering July 14, 2023)
Episode 202 - "Love Scene" (Premiering July 14, 2023)
Episode 203 - "Love Sick" (Premiering July 14, 2023)
Episode 204 - "Love Game" (Premiering July 21, 2023)
Episode 205 - "Love Fool" (Premiering July 28, 2023)
Episode 206 - "Love Fest" (Premiering August 4, 2023)
Episode 207 - "Love Affair" (Premiering August 11, 2023)
Episode 208 - "Love Triangle" (Premiering August 18, 2023)