Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: ...And the Benefits of Bondage

• Start Topic

boy that was a weird ep. So it wasn't the Road Back that kidnapped him, it was the super-secret inner circle of the Tubman Group, putting him through a series of trials before he could be initiated into all their secrets. Like Marcus Garvey, this group believes that Black people need to leave en masse in order to be safe from white supremacy, only they think they need to move to another planet, not just another country. Was that why Barton wanted to go to Saturn? To scout out the moons for terraforming?

Anyway, I was glad that Tom finally confessed to his mom about Barton being alive. It would be so much easier to find all the capsule pieces if she helped him or didn't lecture him. I was hoping we would finally have forward progress on more capsule pieces, and go to the one they missed in Utah.

But then the episode threw in Isaac and Rowan fighting, with Zenzi discovering Isaac passed out on the floor. Yet another crisis already? It's exhausting. Plus I don't know what happened to Lino and Lino's mom after the Cotillion.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, it wouldn't be a CW show without huge family *Secrets*!

And it wouldn't be a super-secret cabal without crazy initiation rituals!

But I'm glad that Tom and his mom are on the same page about his father being alive at least.

Yeah, the end with Isaac in peril was weird because not even a minute earlier he was fine in a different location. Did they cut a scene? Because there were better places to edit for time.

So I guess Rowan falls into the category of 'friendly foe' or 'reluctant foe'? Wonder if there's a trope for that....

Edited by Trini