Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E98: Kicking Off San Diego

• Start Topic

On 7/6/2022 at 5:36 AM, Mr. Miner said:

I think the sorority girl and the environmental guy are going to have a Steve and Noi storyline.

Has he had any successful relationships with women? I want to hear what his female friends think of him. Someone about him feels off to me.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/5/2022 at 1:50 PM, Ilovepie said:

... and we have always had joint accounts, no separate ones at all. We both work full time...

...Ugh! Only ones I give a chance are the sorority gal and environmental guy. Maybe. 

Don't you feel she deserves better? She is so open and ready to make this work, whereas he's already indicated he'd bounce if she doesn't appreciate his "values". And Nate is not a prize, given how he spoke to the stripper. These women seem decent, whereas only 1 guy appears truly invested in being married - Miguel.

As for bank accts... I'm in year 30 of my 2nd marriage and I've learned the best financial path was a joint account for everything we shared eg: paying for home, children, bills, and separate accounts for saving money, planning trips or gifts etc.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Something is telling me I want to hear your husband's side of this.

I'll ask him when we watch the next episode ;-p He did call Stacia "scary". He didn't elaborate and I didn't ask, but I'm guessing it's the makeup, not the credit score question......

It's so dumb - I hooked him several seasons ago - Dallas Dave & Amber - he was working in our home office and I was watching MAFS in that room. Soon he was turning away from the computer toward the tv and he couldn't stop himself from commenting, and now he will watch to the bitter end even when I quit halfway through the season. He watched until D-day last season! Guilty pleasure, or something boring to lull him into falling asleep for his evening pre-bedtime nap....

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

Don't you feel she deserves better? She is so open and ready to make this work, whereas he's already indicated he'd bounce if she doesn't appreciate his "values". And Nate is not a prize, given how he spoke to the stripper. These women seem decent, whereas only 1 guy appears truly invested in being married - Miguel.

As for bank accts... I'm in year 30 of my 2nd marriage and I've learned the best financial path was a joint account for everything we shared eg: paying for home, children, bills, and separate accounts for saving money, planning trips or gifts etc.

I guess we'll have to see - they all seem mostly decent at this point in the season - she might end up crazy and he might be a delight; time will tell. I'm basing my opinion on the fact that they are both older. I agree that ultimatums right off the bat suggest a very inflexible person which doesn't work on this show, but if her interests intersect with his, they might work. Or not. I wouldn't make any bets with this show. It always seems like every season, either the women OR the men are decent choices. This season, it's the women.

Re: shared accounts, everyone is different and couples have to do what works best for them. Joint accounts have never been an issue for us.

• Love 2
On 6/30/2022 at 9:47 AM, Kimboweena said:

He said that Bao was interested in Ryan first. Ryan was the non-emotional guy married to Brett, the redhead.  He wasn't interested, so she moved on to Zach.  Ryan is also the one that flew to Boston for a disaster-date with Alyssa.

Ah, thank you. I got the sense that he was trying to obliquely call Bao slutty. The other panelists looked shocked. Johnny...ick.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 7/8/2022 at 8:17 PM, kikicat said:

Ah, thank you. I got the sense that he was trying to obliquely call Bao slutty. The other panelists looked shocked. Johnny...ick.

I got the same feeling as you did, and that was a jerk move. If I were part of the MAFS family, and my marriage didn't work out, I would definitely check out the other failed marriages' couples. Everyone knows who's there for the right reasons? Why go on a dating app, when singles are available within the MAFS family? 

Vocal slut-shaming of women for behaviour that anyone would agree is acceptable, needs to be called out immediately, and often. No one should ever feel singled out because of someone else's insecurities.

• Like 1
  • Love 2