Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Giveback - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The fabulous Melissa McCarthy and design-savvy Jenna Perusich give back to those who give selflessly to others with surprise home makeovers. Together, they transform the homes and lives of deserving individuals who choose to lead with love and kindness.

Premieres June 13 at 9|8c on HGTV

I appreciated they used some beautiful colors and that it wasn’t all white.  That said others shows have started out that way and then every episode after the first was generic white everything.  So we will see…

I love Melissa McCarthy, so I loved this show. I know there's no such thing as unscripted reality TV anymore, but she seems so genuine and kind.

The condo looked amazing afterward. They gave the couple real solutions for their needs in a relatively small space.

I really loved that they didn't shy away from addressing that this country doesn't take care of its veterans. No veteran should ever be homeless.

Just watched the episode with the couple who give back to the community. Their bedroom and bathroom were updated.  I enjoyed the show a lot.  Melissa and Jenna are fun, down-to-earth hosts.  Unfortunately, I thought the makeover was a disaster.

I thought the bathroom floor tile and the wet room tile clashed and was entirely too busy.  How could anyone take a restful bath or shower in that room?  I know they were going for mid century modern but the high contrast graphic shower tile was hideous to me.  And coupling it with the extra wide grout lines on the floor tile made me dizzy.  I can’t imagine having to clean all of that.  I hope large grout lines aren’t the beginning of a new trend.  If it is, I’ll pass.

The bedroom looked nice except for the macramé “art” hanging in front of the drapes. And I would need to remove or open the drapes to let some light in.  The room felt a little claustrophobic.

The built-in clothes storage was nice.  The modified dresser was awful, in my opinion.  The drawer pulls they crafted didn’t look mid-century or mod to me. Just weird and unwieldy.  I did like the gallery wall.

Strangely, even with my list of negatives, I still really enjoyed watching the show.  Have another episode on my DVR that I’m looking forward to.

Yeah, that makeover was a miss on several counts. That bathroom was was seizure inducing.

Last night's show's makeover was much better. I love everyone they pick for the show. They are all so kind, and I can't help getting teary when they do.