Type keyword(s) to search

Neal Caffrey: Sharp Dressed Man

(edited)

I  started watching WC ten days ago and now I'm here, waiting to  know what's going to happen to poor Neal.

Beyond his obvious and spectacular beauty, the character is just great. It reminds me of Remington Steele a lot and I loved that show. He's got a debatable opinion about private propery but he's a good person. He's got lines he wouldn't cross. And he's the best friend.  Other than killing innocent people, there's nothing he wouldn't do for Mozzie, Peter or  June. (I think Mozzie's an amazing friend too, btw).

Neal has changed a lot since episode one. He was oozing charm and smiles back then, trying to well, charm Peter and the others. But when his respect and fondness for them started to become real, his behaviour changed too. Most of the time, he was just himself.  

His love life just sucks,  poor thing, and that's the most unrealistic thing in the show. Yeah, more than the parachute at Wall Street. He might be a convict but he's working for the FBI. If Neal likes a girl, all he has to do is taking her to Peter, let Peter do the explaining and then look at her with those gorgeous, amazing eyes. Her knickers will be down in five seconds, problem solved. But after Rebecca, I don't see him trusting a woman any time soon.

In fact, how many bertrayals can this man survive? His father, Rebecca, the FBI, even Peter sometimes (i.e. when he called Neal a criminal and he told Jones Neal wasn't worth the trouble or something like that). Thank God he's got Mozzie. He's the only one he can really trust. Their friendship is beautiful.

I think Matt Bomer's perfect as Neal. He's charming when he needs to be charming but in the few chances he had to show anguish, sadness... he did a great job. And I must admit I was impressed by the power of his glare in the episode about the boxing ring for  yuppies.

Edited by Helena Dax
  • Love 2