Type keyword(s) to search

The Alternate Universes of Book vs Show

• Start Topic

I literally just finished this book 2 days ago.  I had no idea it was being made into a show, but the whole time I was reading it I was sort of imagining how it could be done.  So, imagine my surprise when I saw the thread here.  Looking forward to seeing how they handle this book!

I checked my elibrary and it said I checked this out two years ago. However, I couldn’t for the life of me remember a damn thing, so I checked it out again. I started reading and nothing was ringing a bell whatsoever. I remember reading Recursion but not Dark Matter. I looked further into my checkout and saw that it had been checked out for the full 14 days. I never do that. I’m guessing what happened is that it was one of my periods when I didn’t feel like reading and didn’t open the app and any book on hold that came up got auto-checked out. And then returned when I didn’t show up. My library app doesn’t do auto-checks anymore, you have to manually check out a hold when it comes up now.

At any rate, Dark Matter was good, I like alternate universe stuff. There was a twist that I didn’t see coming, though I felt I should've seen it coming. I think I liked Recursion better, though.

• Love 1
On 5/16/2022 at 10:02 AM, kariyaki said:

I checked my elibrary and it said I checked this out two years ago. However, I couldn’t for the life of me remember a damn thing, so I checked it out again. I started reading and nothing was ringing a bell whatsoever. I remember reading Recursion but not Dark Matter. I looked further into my checkout and saw that it had been checked out for the full 14 days. I never do that. I’m guessing what happened is that it was one of my periods when I didn’t feel like reading and didn’t open the app and any book on hold that came up got auto-checked out. And then returned when I didn’t show up. My library app doesn’t do auto-checks anymore, you have to manually check out a hold when it comes up now.

At any rate, Dark Matter was good, I like alternate universe stuff. There was a twist that I didn’t see coming, though I felt I should've seen it coming. I think I liked Recursion better, though.

I took out all my library books using the app Libby. So I get everything virtual. I love it! I read way more books this way lol.

I agree, the twist at the end was unexpected to me as well. I haven’t read recursion yet so I’ll have to check it out. 

1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

I took out all my library books using the app Libby. So I get everything virtual. I love it! I read way more books this way lol.

Yeah, this is the usual way I do library books. I use Libby too. But like I said, several years ago, the app used to auto check the books out that you had on hold and I missed it.

About the book, I was kind of disappointed that we didn’t get told what happened to Amanda after she ditched Jason. I like to think she went to go live in the utopia universe they’d found.

• Love 2