Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: The Laundry Basket

• Start Topic

(Two Episodes Tonight) (Note Time Change)
Tom worries about his mom’s safety after she gets stuck in a laundry basket.

Original Airdate: Thursday, April 28   (9:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS
Jodi Miller  (Margaret)
03dc1c5e23f6c9fb3512646e951a4d74.jpg

I had these on my DVR and decided to finally watch them. I watched half last week and wasn’t impressed. I decided to watch the rest tonight before deleting them from recording in the future. Sometimes it takes a while for a show to hit its stride and I wanted to give it a chance. It’s had its chance and now I’m done. 

The characters are likable — too likable. Tom and his wife (I’ve already forgotten her name) just seem too smiley and happy. The bowling alley employee is playing to the camera. I do love Chi McBride and the mother though.

Its never a good sign when major changes are made after only a few episodes. (1) The wife isn’t working at the salon and is now working in her kitchen. So the boss and friend are gone. (Is this to cut back on salaries and/or sets?) (2) The mother is living with them. (Is that because she’s the funniest character?) (3) The mother and coach are dating. (See comment 3)(4) The bowling alley employee is a chef. (Don’t know where that’s leading)

• Love 2