Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: C.R.E.A.M. (Cash Rules Everything Around Me)

jewel21
  • Start Topic

After Spencer sees some teammates landing lucrative NIL deals, his ambitions for them continues to grow. Jordan's new friendship with some teammates becomes more complicated than he imagined. Olivia gets a new perspective for her NIL piece after not giving up and following her gut. Asher and the crew get a new perspective about their group dynamic from an outsider. Meanwhile, Coop jumps to conclusions while protecting someone at her new job.

Airdate: 04/18/2022

I'm glad they had more football in this episode.  Maybe that will help the ratings, which are in the toilet.  I don't know if many have stopped watching altogether or if they recorded or streamed it.  (I watched at 10 on a recording because ABC insists on having American Idol two nights a week all the time this season.)  Anyway, it's interesting though that it seemed the audience was always supposed to root for the guys' teams in high school, but it doesn't seem that clear with Golden Angeles between the coach and the d-bag quarterback who would rather see his team lose than take a blow to his ego.  I guess there's no chance of this team doing anything nationally, or he might be more glad that Jordan saved their chance of him getting that spotlight later.  Of course walk-on Jordan is the third QB and not the 7th or something more realistic.  I think when I was in high school Oregon once had like 7 quarterbacks get hurt during the season and had to start a receiver, so it's not like someone in Jordan's position couldn't ever really get in, it's just unlikely early in the season.

I liked the part where Olivia's boss told her to stop talking about that story, but of course she changed her mind later.  Jordan might have known better than to tell her about Wade if Spencer had for some reason warned him about Olivia's obsession with the NIL topic.  I liked the comment he made to her in the previews.  It's one thing if he willingly participated in the story to get back at Wade (though that wouldn't make him look too good to the team), but of course Olivia just jumps in without thinking about ruining him.  Maybe now that he's won a big game he can transfer to some other fictional team in L.A., like the one where Asher and absent J.J. are.  I hope that Davita, though overly interested in Spencer's fortunes, doesn't turn out to be romantically interested in him.  That would be refreshing.

Probably doomed Jamie's comment about the group reminded me of something Clare said about the 90210 gang all dating each other after she found out that Steve had dated Kelly.  At least it (rather obviously) helped Patience name her album.  I'm guessing that Coop is going to date the granddaughter?  I suppose that's a better outcome than her getting thrown out of her community service assignment and threatened with jail time again, which is the type of thing that would usually happen to her.  I'm glad the granddaughter wasn't a thief, even though it had looked bad.