Type keyword(s) to search

I miss the real Kim

KINGLOU
  • Start Topic

I LOVE Chicago P.D. because of it's non-stop action and the reality of the show, like when Voight has a child pedophile in the interigation room and asks the pedophile to excuse him for a second while he steps out of the room and as he gets up to leave Voight just gives him this big ass bitch slap across the face and gets up to leave like he just shook his hand lmfao. I have looked all over the internet and still cannot find out how real the Voight slaps are lol.

Okay, so let me get to the reason for my post. I love how the Kim character has shown a different side while working with intelligence,  but what ever happened to the funny Kim or the Kim Burgess stare/look. I would love how her looks would say it all or when she would give that stare that would say everything without saying it, or what about her comical interactions with Trudie? I mean just because she is no longer in a uniform that she can't still have scenes that continue to show the characters personality. All I know is I enjoy more of the Kim scenes from the first 4 seasons then I do from season 5 through 9 and I hope that season 10 brings back the funny personality of the character Kimberly Burgess.

KING

• Love 2

I think any character would lose their happy/fun persona after being beaten half to death, shot twice, and raped. A real person would almost certainly damaged beyond repair after the first one of those incidents, let alone three or four of them. Add in the horrors she's witnessed in dealing with the worst of the worst in the underworld. If they start writing her as a happy, cheery person again it would be far beyond the realm of believability.

Now with that said, I do miss that Kim and I wish they'd have kept her that way but here we are.

• Love 3
On 3/27/2022 at 12:36 AM, KINGLOU said:

I LOVE Chicago P.D. because of it's non-stop action and the reality of the show, like when Voight has a child pedophile in the interigation room and asks the pedophile to excuse him for a second while he steps out of the room and as he gets up to leave Voight just gives him this big ass bitch slap across the face and gets up to leave like he just shook his hand lmfao. I have looked all over the internet and still cannot find out how real the Voight slaps are lol.

Okay, so let me get to the reason for my post. I love how the Kim character has shown a different side while working with intelligence,  but what ever happened to the funny Kim or the Kim Burgess stare/look. I would love how her looks would say it all or when she would give that stare that would say everything without saying it, or what about her comical interactions with Trudie? I mean just because she is no longer in a uniform that she can't still have scenes that continue to show the characters personality. All I know is I enjoy more of the Kim scenes from the first 4 seasons then I do from season 5 through 9 and I hope that season 10 brings back the funny personality of the character Kimberly Burgess.

KING

I can see where you coming from because I miss the old Jay. The one who use to have a personality and use to smile 

• Love 5

It's not so much the Real Kim, because anyone with this amount of persistent trauma is never going to be happy, I think we all miss the OLD Kim.

What the writers need to do is ease up on her, this never-ending cycle of trauma and misery isn't realistic or interesting anymore. It's actually becoming disturbing.

• Love 2

Long ago I used to follow the TV Tropes site and one that remained in my mind was called Break the Cutie. Basically, any sweet, carefree good-natured happy young woman will be continuously broken down over the course of the story until she's a shell of her former self. I read that long before CPD premiered, but it might as well have been written for Kim, unfortunately.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Long ago I used to follow the TV Tropes site and one that remained in my mind was called Break the Cutie. Basically, any sweet, carefree good-natured happy young woman will be continuously broken down over the course of the story until she's a shell of her former self. I read that long before CPD premiered, but it might as well have been written for Kim, unfortunately.

OMG, clearly that's the brief they are following for Kim's character, to the letter.

• Love 2