Type keyword(s) to search

Is It Cake? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 7/10/2023 at 11:35 AM, Taeolas said:

If they want to shake up how the judging works, then maybe the decoys should be more akin to the themes the bakers have to pick from at the start. So instead of saying "You have to find the basketball shoe that is cake" the decoys are various types of shoes, and the judges have to pick the one that is cake. Or various basketball related items (a basketball shoe, a basketball, maybe a gatorade bottle) and they have to pick from that. 

Or have the decoys all be basketball shoes but different colors and styles.

On 7/9/2023 at 9:01 PM, Door County Cherry said:

I'm okay that they stage the decoys a little bit. The only thing I think should be prohibited is staging the decoys to look fake.  

I think they shouldn't be able to change the decoys (staging or placing them in a certain way is okay with me, as long as they don't do something that makes them look fake).  For example, Spirit shouldn't have been allowed to paint all her decoys.  That said, I was okay with Spirit painting all of them because they were all the exact same shade of blue - a shade she couldn't match.  The decoys should have been different colors to begin with. 

Maybe the contestants should be able to see what the decoys look like before they choose which copy to copy.  

I just watched episode 7 and I can’t believe the judges were fooled by Spirit’s helmet. It very obviously seemed like cake and had chocolate poking out of the side. Idk…I like Spirit the best but that seemed rigged.