Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: 6 'N the Mornin'

• Start Topic

With summer ending and their college football careers beginning, Spencer tries to adjust to more than his brutal workout schedule. Olivia is excited for her new job, but it isn't what she anticipated. Patience asks Layla for help with Coop in getting her motivated, but their plan doesn't go as expected. Asher runs into someone from his past and learns what has really been going on. Meanwhile, Grace joins the search committee for a new a principal and has someone in mind for the job.

Airdate: 03/07/2022

Partway through the episode, I thought they were leading to have Olivia break up with Spencer to try to help him adjust to his schedule.  Thankfully they didn't go that route.  It was nice that Billy was able to help pick him up like he often does.  It's brutal though that the coach thinks so little of Spencer that he sees more of a chance for Jordan and that guy from the All-American guy even though they're walk-ons.  I don't think it's "tough love" either.  He must have just taken Spencer as a favor to the receivers coach?

J.J. seems like he will completely crash and burn on his team.  He complains at times of not being taken seriously, but then he behaves the way he did in this episode.  Just because he doesn't want to play in the NFL doesn't mean he shouldn't give a real effort for his team.  At least his keeping the beach house apparently ended the thing of Asher working in the gambling industry, as I didn't look forward to seeing that unravel.  I thought Jamie was initially going to say she was pregnant (not necessarily with Asher, I don't know that they've slept together).  I hope they won't kill her off.

Layla continues to be annoying at times, but took a back seat to Coop in that department.  Even though Coop doesn't have a lot going on, it seemed like a big stretch for her to go from watching baking shows on the couch to being completely out of control making unwanted demands for Patience minutes later.  I was surprised that Patience wanted to live with Coop in the first place with their many problems, and this certainly doesn't help.  Coop usually means well when she makes a mistake, but there was no justifying this.