Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Give Up The Ghost

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

LIGHTS OUT - With everyone at the Bois Blanc still on edge, the government deals another blow to the 4400. Meanwhile, Jharrel (Joseph David Jones) gets some shocking information about his brother, Shanice (Brittany Adebumola) and Andre (TL Thompson) continue to grow closer, and Mildred (Autumn Best) resurfaces. 

Original Airdate: Monday, January 24, 2022   9-10 p.m    The CW.

FFH110a_0404r.jpg?w=1200

FFH110a_0863r.jpg?resize=696,464&ssl=1

FFH110a_0032r.jpg?resize=696,464&ssl=1

Some improvement this week. At least, I didn't feel while watching it "Why am I not watching one of X number of strictly better shows on my various streaming services?" (Although I don't have a particularly good answer to that question).

Keisha reading Rev for filth about his anti-gay stance was pretty sweet. Preach, Sister Keisha! 

Finally, a little movement in what should be the main mystery: who or what pulled the 4400 through time? Manny was experimenting with some crazy experimental physics, it sounds like, including folding things through time. Yeah, I don't care that this all sounds like nonsense. At least it's a bone.

I enjoyed some aspects of Manny's character, but did they have to create some rift between him and Jherel/his father? Also, what's with the stupid mystery clues? It seems clear that Manny can move freely about the hotel at a minimum. So why not just leave a more direct note saying "Meet me in room X" or whisper in Jharel's ear "It's Manny and I want to meet you somewhere secretly"?

A better show would have actually had scenes of Mildred being desperate and on the run and somehow surviving despite being a 16ish year old girl with no money, no connections, no real knowledge of 2021 and no powers. It would also have shown us what Claudette was doing instead of "bartender school." Like those seem like they would be character-building, dramatic and interesting scenes. Instead, Mildred somehow makes her way to where Claudette was bartending, and the two become besties. I don't understand the point of making Mildred over to be a poster girl. 

I guess Soraya randomly being a double-agent is better than her randomly betraying the 4400. But it seems like she was laying it on a bit thick on her supposed dark side turn where Jessica should probably be, um, slow down. Also, is full on abducting and torturing someone that you just fired really likely to help get him to confess that he knows Manny's whereabouts? And that's assuming that he knows -- if he doesn't know, you're just alienating him further. Wouldn't it be better and easier to just bug his apartment, surveil the hell out of him? Do you think releasing him after torturing him is not going to have him take any action to reveal "Hey, I just had my rights violated?" Well, I guess it won't because of plot. But this show...

• Love 3