Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

• Start Topic

On 1/15/2022 at 6:43 PM, Crashcourse said:

Ok, this is hilarious.  I can't get the names straight yet but I'm sure I will soon. 

I have memory issues and just enough facial blindness to start any new show trying hard to learn the characters. Year ago, a show with too many white guys with short dark hair (they were brothers, names were said a lot, but I still couldn't tell them apart so I bailed after a week or two) was the first time I realized I had those issues and they've only gotten worse. I now sometimes watch was the IMDB or the show's cast page up  but here, the pilot did a fantastic job of setting up distinct characters and I can keep them all straight. I know who does what and what the relationships are, but I can't even remember hearing some of the main characters' names. And with all shows I try to reach all the way back to college to try memory tricks. So NOah is easy, because he proposed and got a no. Wyatt wear glasses which I can't even remember if they're wire-rimmed, but that's now how I remember his name. And I remember Kristen and Kim, which may never be of us again.  One of the best pilots I've seen recently and I love the cast. 

Loved it. Am invested and am glad I saved a bunch to watch (being able to binge-watch is a gift to my crappy memory).    

• Love 2