Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Dating App / S02:E02: Work Friends

Mr. Sparkle
  • Start Topic

E01: With Gary's help, Kenan signs up for a dating app that he might not be ready for while Rick has an interesting date of his own. Mika and Pam strategize to help Tami when she is caught in an unflattering situation by a tabloid photographer.

E02: Kenan offends Tami when he reveals that he only sees her as a colleague and not as a friend. Gary and Rick encourage Birdie to use TikTok before she's ready, which lands her in real trouble at school.

Premieres Monday, January 3rd. 

For some reason, my DVR did not tape these episodes, so I wasn't really sure if they came on. I managed to watch them on Peacock. It seems like the Season 2 shows are trying to move away from Kenan the dad and his family and give the rest of the morning show cast a bigger role. The "Dating App" episode was OK, but I liked the "Work Friends" episode much better as it spread the workload between the entire cast and added some new character interactions between cast members. It also had a lot of energy which the previous episode lacked.

• Love 5

Looks like they are mixing up about half and half for each. I liked both episodes a lot, and Kenan got to do his real life Broadway nerd thing. This is a great cast, it’s well written, and it’s just kind of sweet. I could list every scene in these episode as great scenes. 

• Love 4

I have been a Don Johnson fan since forever, but I didn't realize he could do comedy so well. He is wonderful in this. I have to admit, I saw a bit of Sonny Crockett in his flirtation in the grocery store and at the end with the paramedic - which warmed my heart! I wonder if the woman in the grocery store was named "Gina" as a nod to Miami Vice?

Edited by LaylaGirl
  • Love 2