Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Dear Colin

• Start Topic

The conclusion of the story Colin tells in the beginning of the episode, where he says that he was never anyone's first choice just broke my heart. It can make someone work harder to not be a first choice professionally, but to feel like a consolation prize in a family, heartbreaking.

I will admit, I'm not a huge sports person. So while I understood Colin really wanting something that it looked like he wasn't going to get. I also respected his determination, drive, and that he didn't let others stop him from going after what he wanted. It seemed like playing baseball is actually is a pretty soft fall. A softer fall than most people would get when their "dream job" falls through.

Overall, I liked the show.

• Love 2

Loved the letter from Colin to himself. That was such a good note to end on.

I wonder how his relationship with his parents are now. Given their public support of his taking the knee and the backlash that followed, I like to think that they’ve learned more and are trying to do better.

• Love 2

I'll be honest. I am not a football fan (or any sport fan except soccer and that's only during the world and euro cups) but I do recall on the news and media how the crap went down for Colin for taking the knee.

I am glad the he was able to settle something for the NFL blacklisting him.  To do that to a player who is taking a stand (or a knee) like he did was wrong.

Colin seems like a nice, young man and who has a bright future as an activist and media person.  Personally I enjoyed the series, felt for his struggles growing up and wanted to give his parents that back of the head smack for being so ignorant.  

Hopefully another season gets green lit.  I would like to see him in his college years and playing ball.

• Love 1