Type keyword(s) to search

The Tommyverse: TV Crossover Central!

• Start Topic

It's such a shame the Tommyverse list isn't maintained anymore.  I know it was a pain in the ass, and was in most ways a thankless task, but it was a fun thing to always refer back to.

The big problem was the diagram.  When it got hard to portray I think this crossoverman person just kind of gave up.  Arguably the diagram, as neat as it was, should have been abandoned and it just should have been a database where the connections between shows could be looked up (the way there used to be one for "6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon", although I think that's gone too -- EDIT - Actually I was wrong about that last--the "Oracle of Bacon" now exists--it took the place of the IMDB function that used to do the same thing).

I will say the one big problem with that Tumblr post and it's conclusions is that this guy, even though he's playing a newscaster on all of these different shows, isn't evidentally playing the SAME newscaster on them.  I don't know what name is given for the newscaster on the shows (if he's even got one shown onscreen or spoken out loud), but what IS clear is that each show has him on a different news broadcast, for a different broadcaster (go back and look at the screenshots and you can see that from the logos onscreen and on his microphones). While in theory it could still be the same reporter bouncing between jobs fairly often, that really stretches credibility.  I mean knowing he has the same name might help, but even there we have the precedent of different fictionalized versions of the same real people guest appearing on different shows and thus NOT linking those shows.   

There's actually now a searchable Westphall database at tvuniverses.com that shows the relationships between two shows. All the shows are there but the details are still being filled in.

Edited by TheEventLive
  • Love 1
(edited)

There's actually now a searchable Westphall database at tvuniverses.com that shows the relationships between two shows. All the shows are there but the details are still being filled in.

Whoever runs that needs to get it properly indexed in Google search. "Tommyverse", "tommy westphall universe", etc. don't find it.

The relevant wikipedia entry for Tommy doesn't mention it either. 

EDIT - I also think there are some database and/or coding problems.  Just as an example put in the search Love Boat to Fantasy Island. Should be a simple search, right? It's only 1 degree of separation, because the shows are directly linked to each other.  But it misinterprets both show names in the search.

Unless the problem is that somehow even though those shows are directly linked to each other, they aren't linked to the Tommyverse. Is that possible?  I'm too lazy to search that big ol' diagram right now.

Edited by Kromm

Major thread necromancy because there's now an animated equivalent to the Tommyverse, courtesy of Nerdist.com.

And since this animated universe is connected to The X-Files, via the Simpsons, it is also connected to the Tommyverse.  Meaning it's really all just one big universe/multiverse.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Major thread necromancy because there's now an animated equivalent to the Tommyverse, courtesy of Nerdist.com.

And since this animated universe is connected to The X-Files, via the Simpsons, it is also connected to the Tommyverse.  Meaning it's really all just one big universe/multiverse.

They missed Supernatural, which crossed over with Scooby Doo in the ScoobyNatural episode. Supernatural is also a multiverse show; they've crossed over into parallel universes in the past, including one where they're actors on a show called Supernatural.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2
On 11/29/2018 at 2:43 PM, SVNBob said:

now an animated equivalent to the Tommyverse, courtesy of Nerdist.com.

Nice cartoon shared universe, but Nerdist is missing a few.

Astro from the Jetsons was on another cartoon --- apparently he worked with a space police officer named Space Ace  (Don't ask how that happened!!!!!)

He ocassionally teamed up (via crossover) with The Galaxy Trio, the Herculoids,  and Spaaaaaaaace Ghoooooost (before he became a talk show host).

Meanwhile, Nerdist is forgetting (Scooby's) Laff-A-Lympics -- a mega crossover cartoon just for fun.

The Jetsons "ALSO" met the WWF  (and Vince McMahon said "This is NOT the first time I met a talking dog.")

Meanwhile, I may have pointed out earlier how the Disney Channel Live Action Universe (DCLAU) was also part of the Tommyverse.

Well, the cast of Jessie actually provided their voices to their animated likeness when they guest-starred (I kid you NOT)

on an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man, which means that the Marvel animated universe from the 2010's

(USM, Marvel's Avengers, Hulk and Agents of SMASH, Etc. ) are also connected to the Tommyverse.                My head hurts.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:01 PM, Twilight Man said:

Nice cartoon shared universe, but Nerdist is missing a few.

Astro from the Jetsons was on another cartoon --- apparently he worked with a space police officer named Space Ace  (Don't ask how that happened!!!!!)

He ocassionally teamed up (via crossover) with The Galaxy Trio, the Herculoids,  and Spaaaaaaaace Ghoooooost (before he became a talk show host).

Meanwhile, Nerdist is forgetting (Scooby's) Laff-A-Lympics -- a mega crossover cartoon just for fun.

The Jetsons "ALSO" met the WWF  (and Vince McMahon said "This is NOT the first time I met a talking dog.")

Meanwhile, I may have pointed out earlier how the Disney Channel Live Action Universe (DCLAU) was also part of the Tommyverse.

Well, the cast of Jessie actually provided their voices to their animated likeness when they guest-starred (I kid you NOT)

on an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man, which means that the Marvel animated universe from the 2010's

(USM, Marvel's Avengers, Hulk and Agents of SMASH, Etc. ) are also connected to the Tommyverse.                My head hurts.

Sigh. I cringe that there even IS an animated version of the characters from "Jessie".  Pee-U. Ick.